GO!

Am i part whippet?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Rio, CGC,- RL1, CL1, TD

You can't say- that i can't- play!

Barked: Thu Feb 25, '10 4:35pm PST 
So, when i adopted Rio he was taken from a puppy mill with two other puppies and a lactating bitch. One puppy looks JUST like him in size/shape/coloring... the other puppy was very different color and shape--looked a lot like the bitch who was a fox terrier... the rescue just assumed that the three pups were related and were the progeny of the female...so Rio was listed as a fox terrier/ACD mix...

Well, as he grows he looks more like a whippet and less like a fox terrier (not that he looked like an FT to begin with).... so what do you think?

Do you think he's a Australian Cattle Dog/Whippet mix? (aka a lurcher?)

here's a video of him if that helps
[notify]
Layla - CGC, Therapy- Dog

I will get that- squirrel one- day...

Barked: Tue Apr 27, '10 1:44pm PST 
Rio, you are too cute! I have what I think is a whippet mix as well. It is hard to tell, but the more I get to know her (I have only had her for 3 months) the more I see Whippet traits in her. She is quite quick and she LOVES other whippets and greyhounds. Also she is very sensitive, which I hear whippets are. Ironically I have an ACD mix as well and I can tell you Rio most likely has a little of that smile

I am interested to know more about Rio's personality and traits. may be that will help. Just looking at the pictures I would say Rio could be part whippet...just an opinion, which might not be very valuable seeing as how I don't actually own a purebred Whippet myself.
[notify]