GO!

Blue, Longhair, & Mark of the Hound Weims

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Remington

Carb Junkie

Barked: Wed Jan 6, '10 11:10am PST 
I just found out yesterday that UKC has removed the disqualification from Blue & LH weimaraners. Yay! I'm doubly excited because my mama & daddy stronly suspect that I'm a Longhair Carrier.

Not only that, but the new standard mentions a "distinct reddish-yellow marking". That's got to about mark of the hound weims. The previous standard didn't mention that coloration at all (that I can remember). Being mentioned in the standard has got to be an improvement over not being mentioned at all. So, congrats to ya'll, too : )

Blues are still considered to be an eliminating fault, but we'll take whatever we can get for right now. It's been well over 30 years since the DQ was placed on Blue weims; it's about time there was some progress made. There's a LOT of misinformation out there that's still being passed off as truth about Blues, so we're just happy that UKC decided to overlook all of that. I'm AKC registered, but my mama said she's going to register me with UKC now, too.

I hope it won't be long before AKC follows UKC's example.
blue dog cheer blue dog

Edited by author Thu Jan 7, '10 1:36am PST

[notify]