GO!

Winter Coats/Jackets

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Lady

Barked: Wed Dec 9, '09 10:59am PST 
Well, my pup is only half-Weim, but she's built like one, so I figured I'd see if any Weim owners had the same problem. I'm trying to find a good winter coat/jacket for Lady, but she's so hard to size! She has a 28" girth and a 27" topline, so anything sized just on her girth is too short, and most everything that's long enough is too big around the chest.

Without going for a custom coat, does anybody know some good places to look for unusual size coats? Failing that, does anyone have a custom coat maker they recommend?
[notify]
Uno

I'm huntin'- wabbits

Barked: Mon Dec 21, '09 8:43pm PST 
I recently purchased a horse style blanket and I love it, its warm and insulated, plus ripstop material and a chest guard.

My weim has a 31" chest and 25" back, I ordered the 24" blanket and it fits him like a glove, and the coat is long enough to cover his 3" tail. It also has a collar that pops, which covers the neck to 4".
The velcro straps can also be moved up and down to adjust to various girth sizes.
Its worth a try:
Weathebeeta coat

Just realized that site has the size 24" out of stock, so heres another site:
Blanket

Edited by author Mon Dec 21, '09 8:51pm PST

[notify]