GO!

Big time gas...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Luke

If you can't- beatem lickem!

Barked: Thu Oct 2, '08 9:14am PST 
When Luke came to us as a puppy, he was being fed puppy chow. I was told by a friend that also has larger dogs that Purina One is a good choice. Although his coat is very shiny and he is full of energy he has AWFUL GAS. He has been known to clear a room. Any suggestions? = )
[notify]
♥Mila- ♥

Pretty girl

Barked: Sat Oct 11, '08 9:07am PST 
Luke you might want to try a better food then purina one,,,
I don't know if you have costco wholesale in your area, but there they sell Kirkland brand dog food, which is 100 times better then the food he is on (full of fillers), which is the cause for him to have gas... and again it is not expensive at all...
but if you want to spend a little more , here are my suggestions of food that are great...
Orijen,
Canidae,
Taste of the wild,
Solid Gold,
Wellness,
Natures Variety,
Evo
good luck and us know how you are doing with a better food.way to go
[notify]
Missy

Barked: Sun Oct 26, '08 3:35pm PST 
Our vet gave us the simplest cure. We give our Weimie a tablespoon of yogurt with her dry food. It totally eliminated her gas. Boy was it bad.
[notify]