GO!

Reliable Patch Venders?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
RidgeRunner

Seeley, CGC- (SDiT)

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 12:38pm PST 
Hi all,

I have an SDiT who's being owner-trained (under a SD training group). We're required to buy our own patches for the vest, and there are as many websites as colors in the rainbow out there. I bought patches from one site which never materialized and am concerned about having the same happen again.

QUESTION: What are the reliable, legit websites you recommend for buying patches? Are there any you would recommend avoiding?

Thanks!
[notify]
Homie

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 2:44pm PST 
I got my patches from activrdogs.com. I've been ordering from them for years, never had any problems.
[notify]
Homie

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 3:26pm PST 
Sorry, I made a spelling mistake it's should be activedogs.com.
[notify]

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 10:40pm PST 
The ones on Tanks vest and his vest as well came from sitstay.com
[notify]
Darcy

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 1:13am PST 
Activedogs.com is great. That is where my friend got her patches from, too. I’ve heard good things about sitstay.com too.
[notify]
RidgeRunner

Seeley, CGC- (SDiT)

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 8:58am PST 
Thanks for the input folks! I just placed an order with sitstay.com. Wish they had more options, but I was amazed that I just got an email from USPS saying that I'll get 'em by the end of the week.

Any sites that you REALLY advice against using?
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 3:54pm PST 
I've gotten equipment form active dog and other places as well as E-bay .
There was only one place that I had trouble getting patches form was the PSTD site.
[notify]
Echo

Super Service- Dog!

Barked: Tue Jul 16, '13 10:44pm PST 
Do NOT use servicedoghouse.com. They are scammers and don't ever send merchandise!
[notify]
RidgeRunner

Seeley, CGC- (SDiT)

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 7:15am PST 
Thanks for your post, Echo.

I had originally ordered from ServiceDogHouse.com because I liked two of their patches. Although I try to think that everyone has their intentions in the right place, I eventually filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because it had taken 8 weeks, I had heard nothing from them, yet my credit card had been charged.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and if I'd known that others had had issues with the site, I would have never wasted my time with it. Looking on the BBB's website, ServiceDogHouse.com received an F rating, and although no online patch vendors are accredited through them, at least a few have better ratings and fewer complaints.

We'll see if SitStay.com does any better.
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 4:02pm PST 
When we bought Tanks vest years ago for my hubbys first SD Buddy it took us only a couple weeks to get the vest and patches and some cards that we had ordered. I was impressed with the quick response and the vest has held up through almost two years with Buddy three with Katana his second SD and now almost 11 months with Tank. As many times as it has been through the washer it still holds it color beautifully.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2