GO!

Uhh-ohh..Frankie just threw up slightly foamy yellow junk..

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 1:10pm PST 
Frankie just threw up some very light yellow, slightly foamy/frothy yellow stuff..nothing appeared in it, just like a yellow froth..ugh!

He will be 2 y/o May 2nd. He did not eat anything unusual today, but he IS very sneaky about eating things he shouldn't, no matter how much we try to watch him like a hawk! And S/O is way too lenient, and I *know* he sneaks the dog stuff he shouldn't (we've had that talk more than once..grr....)

Anyway, a little concerned what is up, and of course it is the weekend!!

Any advice or ideas on this one...? thinking
thanks!!
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 1:28pm PST 
Probably just bile ?
Can happen from eating something bitter, trying to cough something up or from (my experiences) an empty stomach! My dogs usually puke bile if I fast them for a day or two.
[notify]
Hoss

Hoss the Boss

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 1:42pm PST 
If I didn't break my old dogs meals into 3 times a day she would throw up just from her stomach being empty. Of course the day I got my new carpet, 3 times bright yellow bile.....
[notify]

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 4:11pm PST 
Thanks.
So far it's just that one time.
He eats 2 small meals a day as opposed to one large on the entire day.
I am thinking he might have got a hold of something he shoudn't have, ie a couple new socks seem to suddenly have a couple little holes in them..confused

Aside from that, I worry he may pick up MY hair off the floor.
My hair is rather long and it falls out a lot. I try to keep it picked up but it's blonde so it does not always show up on things very well. confused

thanks again smile
[notify]
Jack

I was told there- would be- chicken.

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 9:03pm PST 
Jack does this all the time (and used to do it even more when he was a pup.) It's just bile and it can happen after everything is digested and there's not anything left for a sensitive tummy to be "working" on.

In Jack's case, we found that he couldn't go too long without feedings before it would happen. We learned to give him a half a cookie before bedtime to prevent him from waking up at night having it happen.

On the other hand, it sometimes happens for no reason or just general tummy irritation.

If it's happening a lot, try some white rice as a snack in between meals. It will help soothe the intestinal tract and soak up the excess tummy acid and prevent the bile from building up without the tummy having anything to digest. smile
[notify]
Mary Jane- Chronic

Jack's Blessing

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 11:34pm PST 
Mary Jane vomits stomach bile if she's not fed every 8 hours. shrug
[notify]
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 11:43pm PST 
Taggert has empty belly vomit as well if we go much beyond 12 hour feedings. The worst thing is that he will go to his kennel to do it so we can't keep soft things in there anymore. I wish he'd urp on the pads.
[notify]
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 3:18pm PST 
Thanks, everyone.
It was just that one time, and I am thinking he got a hold of something that just upset his tummy. We do sort of let him 'graze' during the day, as opposed to feeding him one big meal a day.

He gets some kibble in the morning not quite 1/4 cup, then some kibble bits each time he potties (he is trained but still likes his 'rewards' and mama is a sucker!!), about 1/4 cup kibble for 'dinner,' and occasionally a pig or cow ear. So his little tummy is realy never 'empty' yet we are careful not to 'overfeed' him either. His kibble amount for the day coincides with the indications on the bag based on his weight age and activity level.

Thank goodness he is fine now....
thanks again, all!!
[notify]