GO!

Salmon Crack Dog Treats - They're so good...they're crack for dogs. :D

This is the place to share your best homemade dog food and treat recipes with each other! Remember to use caution if your pet has allergies and to make any diet changes gradually so that your dog's stomach can adjust to the new foods you are introducing.

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Sat Feb 9, '13 11:58pm PST 
Here's my recipe for Salmon Crack dog treats. Anyone looking for a treat to help with focus during dog training may want to give this treat a serious try. The treats are called "Salmon Crack" because dogs go nuts for them.

These treats are also healthy, and this recipe also contains some nutritional information. If you try it, let me know what you think. smile

recipe for Salmon Crack
[notify]
Wiley

Where's that- rabbit?

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 7:27am PST 
hmmm...the name is rather offensive on a site with children. I don't care what you call it in your home, but to liken dog treats to a highly destructive drug is just not right.
[notify]
Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 9:37am PST 
These look SO good big grin I made a similar treat for Colt about a week ago, and he loved it! I'll try this recipe next. Its very similar, but the main difference is that this has eggs ( the recipe I used was posted on the Dogster homepage, you can look that one up if you want).
[notify]

MACH4 PACH2- Aslan

RAE TQX MXF MXB2- MJS2 MXBP MXJP,- etc.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 11:14am PST 
Thanks Colt!!! I looked around for this recipe before posting, but didn't find anything. I'll have to go see theirs.

Wiley, I didn't even think about that. LOL. Well, disclaimer then. OBVIOUSLY illegal crack is plain stupid. It's a terrible, dangerous, life altering in a very bad way drug. And although a dog wanting a treat quite badly is fine, a human wanting a chemical that will kill them quite badly is not.
[notify]
Colt

A cute little- devil.

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 6:07pm PST 
I think that word is so overused that most people don't even think about it anymore. confused EVERYONE seems to refer to really good cat and dog food and treats as "crack." Honestly, I've never even thought about it. Yes, treats are good and drugs are bad.

And that recipe on Dogster is the only place I've seen a treat similar to this, so it's probably one of the more difficult recipes to find. It's an AMAZING recipe, though happy dance
[notify]
Xx Sabrina- Selene xX

The American- Bully Goddess

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 7:33pm PST 
Hm, I will think about using this for training.
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Sun Feb 10, '13 10:25pm PST 
I make something similar to this and Saya and Bella is nuts over it. I sometimes use caned mackerel, or couple caned sardines or double the batch and add mackerel, salmon and sardines in same mix..

I might try this more simple recipe.

I don't find it offensive..
[notify]
Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 7:41pm PST 
Sorry to double post, but the name for treats I make is called fish fudge they look similar to your treats.
[notify]
Rigby

Dingbat

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 7:11am PST 
Looks like I'll be heading to the grocery store to buy salmon today laugh out loud
[notify]
Remmy

I love Agility

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 7:12am PST 
I first heard of this recipe using tuna as I can get it pretty cheap but have also used it with a can of dog food, sardines. My sister has used the left over gravy from a roast. I have cut up the last scraps of chicken (which does not work as well as you get chunks so have to cut it up really small).

My dogs love it with the tuna, will have to try it with salmon. thanks.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3