GO!

Maybe We Should Do Canine Freestyle?! (Video)

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 7:59am PST 
I do a lot of video blogging, and after I made a video blog about music, I decided to do this with Gunther. laugh out loud He went along with it SO well it was hilarious.. It was just to show off his cuteness, but when I watched it I realized he might really enjoy canine freestyle!

Gunther Dance!

Edited by author Fri Feb 1, '13 8:01am PST

[notify]
Alva BH

I ordered the- best dog for me- & got her

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 8:12am PST 
I started a topic on Agility & Sports about Canine Freestyle/Heelwork to Music last fall. We had a 2 hour long introduction to the subject. Too bad I cannot afford a course.

I like music and I like to show off what my dog can do. So canine freestyle should be perfect. I just cannot decide which song to pick and what kind of choreography I should make. I am not a creative person though I do like drawing.

Alva knows pretty many tricks so I think I could already make some kind of simple routine with her and even add some new tricks into it and teach them to her.
[notify]
Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 9:22am PST 
That would be awesome Alva! I bet you could make a phenomenal routine with her. Just don't doubt yourself because you don't feel creative. I think with the right music it would come to you naturally, and it would be a lot of fun.

I'm definitely thinking I could do a little routine with Gunther, especially if I teach him some new tricks. big grin
[notify]

Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 10:38am PST 
Haha, he's sooo adorable! I have a friend whose dog will dance with her, and even try to ballroom with her. It's so cute, and I wish she would get into something like Canine Freestyle cause her little mix breed would love it, even at his age. laugh out loud
[notify]
Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 1:24pm PST 
I love how dogs feed off our energy! They're one of the few animals to do so. I think that's why people have so much fun with their dogs in Canine Freestyle.
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Fri Feb 1, '13 5:25pm PST 
Very nice! I bet you guys would do well in canine freestyle! We could always use more interest as well. Risa and I compete in it and always have a blast. It's just so creative and FUN. smile You really should give it a shot. Even if you cannot find competitions locally, you can always compete via video.
[notify]
Jackson Tan

Lad about town

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 12:17am PST 
Lovely leg weaves! I think you should do it!
[notify]
Miyu CGC

Bow down to the- Princess Brat!

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 9:37am PST 
Nothing constructive to say beyond that he's adorable, and so are you! laugh out loud Definitely give it a shot, those leg weaves are really nice like JT said!
[notify]
Gunther

Giant Shih Tzu

Barked: Sat Feb 2, '13 3:04pm PST 
Aw, thank you guys! I think it's so adorable how into that weave he gets. He loves doing those tricks.

Risa - I really think it's a great bonding thing too. I admire the relationship you have with Risa! It's so fun when you add music to something like this, and the dog seems to really feed off of that energy.

I don't see very many Shih Tzus competing in this (actually I haven't seen any) .. Or any canine sports really. Gunther seems to have that "fire" to want to do it though, oddly enough!
[notify]