GO!

Please help soothe a mommy's mind!!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 11:14pm PST 
Today when Tyson went in for his neuter I realized something strange. I have never had a dog that I had to get spayed or neutered. I've always adopted dogs with it already. I don't know what's normal for Tyson's behavior.
Tyson is being really standoffish and shaky. He has pain meds and antibiotics and the like. I'm a sensitive mommy and I don't want my baby hurting.
Am I just overreacting? What is normal behavior for dogs just neutered? When will be be back to more normal?
[notify]
Cocoa Loco

Fastest tongue- in the west

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 3:32am PST 
I was shaky and didn't feel well for about a day and a half. It was more the anaesthetic then the neuter, I believe.

However, I don't recall being given antibiotics for a spay or neuter. It wouldn't hurt to give your vet a call with your questions.
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 6:14am PST 
The antibiotics may be to ward off any possibility of infection. They are usually really sleepy after surgery for about 24 hours, sometimes 36 hours....they know something weird happened so they may act a little different. Hope he's feeling much better this morning! way to go
[notify]

Hucky and- Ringo

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 6:49am PST 
With all my other dogs, they came home the same day.Even the females. First day, a little lazy and just slept. The vet I took Huck to kept him overnight. When I brought him home the next day it was as if nothing happened. He was the same wild and playful dog. In fact I had to confine him to keep him calm cause he popped a stitch or 2
[notify]
Tyson

Where's the- ball!?

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 12:55pm PST 
He's doing much better this morning. He stabbed me in the throat this morning trying to wake me up by licking my face lol. Now I just need to get him to eat and I won't be so worried. Thanks so much!
[notify]
Scooter,- PAWS

Power of the Paw- for those who- need it

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 1:08pm PST 
oh good! is he normally a picky eater? I LOVE food...Food Food Food! snoopy Even so, some don't eat as much the first 24 hours either so if he's not eating as much as he normally does, I wouldn't worry too much and you should notice him back to normal by tomorrow way to go
[notify]