GO!

Dog showing new aggressive behavior?

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Rocko

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 6:00pm PST 
I recently went to pat my dog on the bottom and give him a firm NO! for scratching his nails on my leather couch when he thought I had left the room. This time, he bared all his teeth, growled, and snapped at me!!

I have had him for 2 years, he is intact, with a neutering set in a couple weeks. He has absolutely NEVER displaying anything like this, and was the MOST submissive pet.

Now, I have rescued a 1 month old female maltese-schnauzer, and this behavior has started since she has been in the household....

Where is this coming from with my normally sweet, sweet pup?
shock
[notify]
Odie

Fluff Head

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 7:41pm PST 
How long have you had the new pup?
[notify]
ARCHMX Asher RL1X RL2X RL3X RL

we will dance in- the ring without- words

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 8:05pm PST 
Um, he does not like when you do that and decided to let you know? Have you done it before? Has it decreased the frequency of the behavior or just stopped it for that moment in time?
[notify]

Rocko

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 8:15pm PST 
@Odie....the new pup has been in my household for about 3 weeks now.
[notify]
"Selli"

The Muddy- Princess

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 8:22pm PST 
Is the pup really 1 month old?
[notify]
Rocko

Barked: Sat Nov 24, '12 8:27pm PST 
@Selli-- My vet estimated her to be about only 1 month old.
[notify]