GO!

Goo coming out of my dogs penis?????????????

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Taco

Taco Flavored- Kisses Are So- Delicious ♥

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 1:07pm PST 
It's a whitish yellow and sort of thick. Only a little comes out a time, but I'll wipe it off, and like 5 minutes later, there's a little spot of it again.
I know it's gross, but It's weird! I've never seen this before in any other dog..
He did it the first day I got him, and, until now, hasn't done it since.
Any ideas as to what this could be?
Thank You! smile
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 1:17pm PST 
Could be an infection. Might just be him.

Nare has this occasionally, I took him to the vets and asked them about it.. Oh what an experience that was.. They dabbed it with gauze and smelled it, then asked me to smell it and asked if there was an odor.. I said I couldn't smell anything and they said that if it were an infection then it would have a distinct smell. Since his.. stuff.. didn't, it was 'doggie smegma' or something of the sort. I have NO idea if any of this was true but we kinda left it at that.. It was the most awkward vet visit I had ever had, and just kinda left it at that.. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion.
[notify]
Ava & Nix

Suburban Farm- Dogs

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 1:17pm PST 
It's really nasty, but it's just smegma... just the gunk from the... inner lining of the shaft... As long as it's not like neon green, or bloody, then it's just a perfectly normal (but still disgusting) part of male dogs. silenced It seems more common for intact males, but neutered males will often have it too. Nix gets it, and we see it all the time on males at work too. I got a tiny amount on my arm the other day when I was helping a dog stand up so my coworker could do his nails. Had to run to the back immediately after that. lol... (it's funny to think back on, but when it happened I was having a fit!) laugh out loud

Edited by author Sat Sep 15, '12 1:29pm PST

[notify]

Taco

Taco Flavored- Kisses Are So- Delicious ♥

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 1:28pm PST 
HAHA. I was just gonna say, if I get him neutered will it stop?? Then I read that it wont. It's so disgusting.. It seems like when he get that, he wants to be laying on my legs, or on my favorite blanket. Ughh. lol.
[notify]
Radley

Im a lean, mean,- cuddling machine

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 8:33pm PST 
Its normal for intact dogs, and some neutered dogs. Though I normally only see it on larger neutered dogs. None of my neutered boys ever have smegma.
[notify]
Rascal

Silly

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 1:12pm PST 
if he is not neutered its normal to see more discharge from penis. But you can always get him looked at to make sure
[notify]
Samson

Work? What's- that?

Barked: Sun Sep 16, '12 2:07pm PST 
I think it has to do with hormonal changes. Samson used to have some visible but I haven't seen any in months now. Probably when the testosterone spikes during doggy puberty they get more smegma.
[notify]