GO!

little bit of both

This is a dedicated place for all of your questions and answers about Raw Diets. There are also some really cool groups like "Raw Fed" on the topic you can join. This forum is for people who already know they like the raw diet or sincerely want to learn more. Please remember that you are receiving advice from peers and not professionals. If you have specific health-related questions about your dog's diet, please contact your vet!

Gypsy Rose

Queen of- everything I see

Barked: Sat Jun 2, '12 9:08pm PST 
We have had such a hard time with our parents and vet I am ecstatic there are others who feed the "weird" diets and waste their time cooking for an animal. Lol. We homestead and homeschool and rescue more animals than everyone thinks we should. Our geriatric boxer is testy bout his food he will only eat ol roy high performance. Since we don't trust this for his complete nutritional needs we give everyone raw and kibble. (Our six dogs are fed different for their needs science diet little bites and science diet puppy plus large breed puppy iams and our beagle mix eats country vet high protien if you did the math only two eat the same kibble lol) Anyways we changed vets cause one gave us so much crud about feeding home grown unprocessed foods to the point of twisting homesteading into a detrimental thing for our kids.

Anyway Zues is going downhill due to cancer and other health issues from that. What can we add to give him more calories. He eats fresh eggs, goat, fish, organs, veggies in season, chickens, rabbit and whatever patches drags up (normally a rabbit mole or mouse).
[notify]
Maxwell

I'm triple- superior MAD- now!

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 7:52am PST 
Fat is the way to go if you are talking raw food. Just be careful by introducing it slowly.

Is he getting fish or fish oil? You might consider giving as much red meat as you can. Beef, goat and lamb are much richer in minerals and vitamins than chicken, duck and turkey.

I ended up feeding Sassy 4-5 meals a day to get the calories in and she still looked to be a bit of a scarecrow. Try more and smaller meals.

Wow, your dogs have the life!
[notify]
Hercules

eat, sleep,- play...repeat

Barked: Sun Jun 3, '12 5:19pm PST 
He eats fish he gets the innards raw but i cook the flesh so i can pull bones. We are trying to up his meal number but sometimes he just doesn't want it. His weight is fluctuating like never before he is/was a massive boxer. But his chest and neck are shrinking and after a seizure he tends to take a couple of days to bounce back. (We aren't selfish he has way more good days than bad)
[notify]