GO!

Cancer is the pits!

This is a special place for pups to share their love and support for each other during difficult times; it's a place to light candles, give the "Power of the Paw," and let everyfur know they are never ever alone.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Baxter

Bad Baxter Brown- is what they- call me!

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 3:29pm PST 
Some of you may know Baxter. Mommy needed prayers last year about his neck injury and you really can't tell he ever hurt it. He has done very well all summer. Just recently he started having severe seizures. The vet is strongly suggesting "Brain Cancer"... he has been doing better with meds. But, the last two days lost his bladder control completely.
I am going to miss my bugger. I hope he can make it through the holidays. My mommy died Nov. 2010 so there was no joy for me last year for Thanksgiving and Christmas frown frown Even in the spring on my birthday in March was terrible. I ate ice cream with my daughter went home and curled up in the fetal position.
It's been a rough time for us since Baxter's neck injury which was in I believe April/May last year.
Poor Baxy just can not get a break. His sight is offically gone and now this.
Today is my dad's birthday, so I am reaching out bc that's making me sad too. I lost my dad when I was 16. frown frown I just have a huge weight on my shoulders.
My mom died of Ovarian cancer. Now Baxter with Brain cancer. Praying for Baxter to make it through the Holidays this year frowncry
[notify]
Beauregard

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 3:41pm PST 
I am so sorry for what you are going through. Here is a website you can check out. I really hope it helps. I will pray for you and Baxter.
http://www.helpyourdogfightcancer.com/

hughughughughug|: |hug
[notify]
Angel Annie

Love my treats,- oh yeah!

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 3:45pm PST 
Oh wow, Baxter's mom, this is so sad. cry Sorry you lost your mom last year. I lost mine last year, too. And, you also lost your dad. My heart breaks for you. Now you're worried about Baxter being sick. You certainly have a lot on your plate.

I don't know what to say to make you feel better. Hopefully with meds or whatever he needs, Baxter will be able to make it through the holidays for you. hug I'm sure you will be pampering him and sometimes that's all it takes. All of us here at Dogster are around if you need to talk. Many of us, including me, have lost our beloved pets due to cancer. You can paw mail me anytime. Take care!
[notify]

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Oct 24, '11 9:55pm PST 
So sorry you are going through this Baxters Mom. I lost my beloved grandmother last year 2 weeks before Christmas so I know what you mean about Holidays. We also lost 4 very dear friends who were like family in less than a year and are not sure where we are with my mother. She is very ill and for her to be at peace would be a blessing I'm just not sure those of us left behind could deal with it right now. We hope Baxter gets better with medication and is able to hold on through the Holidays for you. You and Baxter will be in our thoughts and prayers and you can p-mail anytime if you'd just like someone to share with or vent to. Mika,Kai&Pam (their mommy)hughughughughug
[notify]
(retired)min- ister misty

be calm, dont- worry!

Barked: Tue Oct 25, '11 3:09am PST 
i'm sorry you feel so sad.
i know how it feels to loose people and pets to cancer..
sadly almost everyone in this world has lost someone to that horrible disease.
we are are praying for little baxter.
and my pawmail is always open for you
hughughughughughughughug
[notify]
Baxter

Barked: Tue Oct 25, '11 5:38am PST 
thank you everyone, I am so blessed to have such great fellow dogster who care.... God bless each and every one of you frown '''

I had a dog who died of mammory cancer. It crushed me... frown

I just had a rough day yesterday... thinking of my dad and thinking of my mom every day really. My mom had cancer, but she literally suffocated to death, bc my lovely guardian brother/wife let her die like that bc they refused to let her go back to the hospital and have her abdomen drained. It crushed me to see her like that in a million pieces. If you ever experience that you will know how it literally feels to have your heart ripped out. The last day she was here I went home sobbing like never before, it was my plan to wake up and be at the court when they opened. But, I fell asleep that evening after crying myself to sleep at midnight. A call that I didn't want to get at midnight.
It took me about 6 months to recover from this happening. My dogs got me through the worst of it.
So many negatives can bring a person down... and it has since Nov. hard to believe it'll be a year soon.
The only thing I have is prayer.
I appreciate all your love and prayers.
I just don't know if I'll be ready for what is to come. The vet said if anything keeps progressing in his head the worst will be he will loose control in his back end and he will go down. I'll need you guys if it comes to that. Because I will have uthanize him frown '''''hug
[notify]
Baxter

Barked: Tue Oct 25, '11 5:42am PST 
p.s thanks for the link.
I've been spoiling him like crazy. We went for a car ride yesterday and he's been getting great food. Lots of kisses.
Just want to push for him making it through the holidays. It wouldn't take much to make me upset.
I wish my family was there for me on alot of things. But, nobody is close anymore.
I hope to never see my brother or his wife again. I just can't believe they can get away with that. Not to mention they stole all my mom's things. It been really bad for me... I have to rant and vent because it hurts to hold it in. frown
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Oct 25, '11 9:02am PST 
Baxter's Mommy,
Please p-mail our Mommy if you ever need to vent or talk. She usually checks in at least once a day,usually a bit more and will answer p-mails promptly. She has even used p-mails back and forth like a chat so if you just want a friend p-mail Mom. WE will be praying for you and Baxter.hughughughugflowersflowers
[notify]
Cody,- Beulah,- Buster &- Wilbur

We Rule!

Barked: Tue Oct 25, '11 8:25pm PST 
Sending lots of positive thoughts that there will be a turn of events and that you and Baxter have many more happy times together.hug
[notify]
Jenna

Barked: Wed Oct 26, '11 10:25pm PST 
Hi Baxter's Mommy:
I'm so very sorry about the loss of both of your parents. I'm also sorry about your Baxter boy. I'm thinking of you and you'll be in my prayers. I've had a dog with cancer and it's a tough thing to go through.

We recently placed a page on our website from one of our visitors who shared her dog's experience and recovery through radiation with us.

You can read Sofie's story here if you like.

Janie
www.yourolddog.net
www.yourolddog.com
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6