GO!

Huge fire in Israel, more than 15,000 evacuated

This Forum is to bark about the very latest and greatest in the dog world: canine news; must-have new products, toys and accessories; dog-friendly art, culture, and entertainment, and more!

Please be aware that while you are allowed to inform others about your product or service if it is in context and is part of an existing discussion, we do not allow unsolicited advertising in the forums. We will remove all posts that seem to be selling rather than informing. If you're interested in advertising on Dogster, please contact us.

Goodman

Be Cool

Barked: Fri Dec 3, '10 5:34am PST 
15,000 evacuated, at least 42 people died, and it's still ablaze.

While I'm in central Israel and not near the fire, my Facebook is buzzing with tons of people offering help- including many boarding facilities offering to host dogs belonging to the people evacuated for free.

However, the fire has reached a nature reserve, and the animals where not evacuated (but the gates left open).

more info and some more.

I really hope the fire will end soon, and that no more casualties will be added. cry

Edited by author Fri Dec 3, '10 5:44am PST

[notify]
Goodman

Be Cool

Barked: Fri Dec 3, '10 5:41am PST 
Some video reports:
here, here, here, and here.
[notify]
Budrow RIP buddy

I am handsome - deal with it

Barked: Fri Dec 3, '10 9:29am PST 
This is a horrible tragedy for all involved. My prayers go out to all of those who have been displaced or lost loved ones.hug
[notify]

Goodman

Be Cool

Barked: Fri Dec 10, '10 3:12am PST 
Thank you!

It does seem like most pets evacuated safely with their families, and unlike in the past, there where no "mass surrender".

The fire is put out, and the minister of internal affairs announced that municipal vets will hold stray dogs for longer than the 10 days thy are required by law before they are put down, to allow owners to re-unite with the dog.

From the responses this news has received online, it looks like many people where unaware that stray dogs are put down on a regular basis. Perhaps now some people will think twice before surrendering their unwanted dog to the municipal shelters?
[notify]
Officer BANE- - MISSING

HELP get me HOME

Barked: Sat Dec 11, '10 10:43am PST 
That is a very sad story.
It seems like in Today's Day and age we would have a Universal Posting area for Lost Dogs. Maybe a Web site where people could check or Hunters could look over before heading out.
Strays can always be someone who is being looked for by many.
[notify]
Donovan'sMajesticJet of Solace

Street sweeper!

Barked: Wed Jan 19, '11 3:13pm PST 
Officer Bane, there are many, google lost dog blogs. Goodman hope all is well over there and Ill say prayers for all of the evacuees.
[notify]