GO!

Do your Papillons "talk"?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Thu Dec 2, '10 3:28pm PST 
My sister has a husky, and I knew it was common for huskys to "talk" - when they make all those weird sounds other than barking.

But Kit's always been very talkative too. He has a huge array of sounds he makes. It seems as though our little guy has a lot to say!

I think it's really cute! For awhile, I thought it was just Kit. But I was watching videos of Papillons on youtube yesterday and came across a bunch of videos of Papillons 'talking'.

Do your Papillons 'talk'? I'm just curious smile
[notify]
Rico Suave

I IS DA EVIL- LITTLE PILLOW- THIEF!

Barked: Thu Dec 16, '10 7:37am PST 
mine does this yoddel type thing when ever I am out of his eyesite for too long.
[notify]
Scooter- (Psst on the- left)

I'm the cute- one!! Rrrrrr.

Barked: Sat Dec 18, '10 2:40pm PST 
I have a couple of talkers in this house. Misty is sure to tell me / remind me when her water or food dish is empty. Scooter has a certain whine when he wants to go outside. Pepper does the yoddle,whine,bark,gargle sound when she is very excited. Cutter just barks to cause trouble - his is more "yelling" than "talking" BOL.
[notify]

Daisy

Mommy's little- princess

Barked: Sun Dec 26, '10 6:09pm PST 
Daisy howls I call her my little coyote because thats what she sounds like.
[notify]
Mitzi

Is that cheese- in your hand for- meee?

Barked: Wed Dec 29, '10 12:16pm PST 
Mitzi doesn't exactly "talk", but when she tries to get our attention she tends to sneeze at us, or throw out this little growl at us which she thinks is much more intimidating than it actually is! laugh out loud
[notify]
Max

Max - talkative little- bundle of joy

Barked: Wed Mar 23, '11 4:06pm PST 
Does he ever! Max is constantly talking. A lot of the time I think he is asking me or his sister (a tibetan spaniel) to play with him. He also squaks and squeels a lot when he is excited or scared. He is the most vocal dog I have ever owned by a long shot. Always trying to communicate his feelings!
[notify]
Jocie Anna- Dorkus

Miss Spitfire

Barked: Sat Oct 27, '12 12:12pm PST 
Jocie howls and does this mischievous little growl. smile shes such a little punk lol
[notify]
Mighty- Maximillian

Kissy-Boy!

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 9:58am PST 
Mighty Max has always "talked" or "sang" and especially to certain people that he loves.

He definintely talks to me when I get home |snoopy to let me know how much he missed me - and what happened all day while I was gone, or at work. Oh and I can always tell when the landscapers came by in our community.

He was singing to me each morning when we got up as well, as if tell me what he dreamed and what he wanted to do that day.

He sings for certain people he loves most, like his Grandpa Ed or Grandma Nancy or Nilsa, Laurel or Vanda, his girlfriends in the neighborhood. We sing together sometimes when we are playing too.

He does/did quite a range when he was younger - this has slowed way down now since he is older and facing heart issues and now cushings disease... so he does not sing as much but he will still talk or try to some.

But yes, I like they talk if they are not prone to being yappy like some can be. But I do think they all try to express themselves one way or another.

Mighty Max's Mom
[notify]