GO!

What is the best stain remover out there?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Buckeye

Eat, Sleep &- Play! Yes, Life- is Good!

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 10:20am PST 
We've tried a numerous amount of brands of Stain Removers, and we can't find one that works really well. We've found a few that work okay, but it seems like the stains won't come out well if you don't use the vaccuum carpet cleaner.
We don't use Stain Remover too often-- but every once in a while, like today, one of the dogs will have an accident in the house. Any suggestions?
[notify]
♥Laci

Anything But- Oridanry!

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 10:25am PST 
I have 4 dogs in the house and accidents do happen! I have used a lot of products and the one I use and like the most is called Kids N Pets! You can get it at wal mart for $5.00 and it works well.

My suggestion is to let the product set on the stain and blot it up, if it doesn't come up the first time let it set longer....I have had good luck with it!!
[notify]
Tucker!

Tuck-Tuck

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 1:25pm PST 
The one I use is called "Get Serious". There hasn't been a mess yet it couldn't clean up and that says a lot with a lab in the house.
[notify]

Allee, Bama,- and Brodie- Bear!

Roll Tide- Roll!!! ;)

Barked: Wed Nov 10, '10 2:35pm PST 
I prefer OUT
[notify]
Rufus T.- Firefly

Where's mom?

Barked: Tue Nov 16, '10 10:11pm PST 
actually i use hydrogen peroxide and bissell pet carpet shampoo, i combine them together like a 50/50 mixture and the stains are totally gone.
[notify]
Chloe

OG- Original- Goberian

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 7:37am PST 
We use "get serious" too! When my friend and her little pitbull puppy were living with me we bought this stuff by the GALLON lol! Highly recommended!! way to gobig grin
[notify]
Oscar

Barked: Wed Nov 17, '10 10:51am PST 
I have never had a problem with dog pee but the ferrets and rabbits will sometimes pee and poo on the carpet. I mix 50% water and 50% vinegar in a spray bottle and it gets the smell and stain out. Works better than any other carpet cleaner I have tried.

Edited by author Wed Nov 17, '10 10:52am PST

[notify]
Opie CGC

Luv-A-Pittie

Barked: Thu Nov 18, '10 10:35am PST 
I use hydrogen peroxide but I would do a color test somewhere in a corner. The best regular store bought I've found is 409 carpet cleaner, and it cost half of what a lot of the other cleaners cost.
[notify]