GO!

Looking for a Shichon breeder in the Midwest (Shih Tzu/Bichon Frise)

If you are wondering what is the right dog for you, this is the place to be. In this introductory forum we talk about topics such as breed vs. mix, size, age, grooming, breeders, shelters, rescues as well as requirements for exercise, space and care. No question is too silly here. This particular forum is for getting and giving helpful, nice advice. It is definitely not a forum for criticizing someone else's opinion, knowledge or advice. This forum is all about tail wagging and learning.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Millie

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 9:26am PST 
I'm trying to locate a breeder in the midwest that breeds the Shichon (Shih Tzu/Bichon Frise). I have names from a few people I found online but am looking for recommendations. Please PM me or reply if you have any advice! Also, I am only looking for breeders, I am not interested in a rescue dog.
Thank you!
[notify]
Lilith

I'm a trilingual- dog!

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 9:50am PST 
I'd advise you to go on both the Shih-Tzu Club of America as well as the Bichon Frise Club of America and see what they have to say about the haphazard b*stardization of their respective breeds. I don't know of too many recommendations of breeders of dogs for profit.

A good thread on designers:
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Choosing_the_Right_Dog/thread/574634

Edited by author Thu Sep 16, '10 10:06am PST

[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 10:12am PST 
I am just curious as to why you want a mix of 2 non shedding breeds?
[notify]

Sachi- (1997-2012)

Dirt is a girls- best friend!

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 1:21pm PST 
I know of a place that has a lot of Shichons. It's called Petfinder .

They have Oliver, Tia, Ellie, and Aggie to name a few.

As for someone that actually breeds them... make sure you know what a good breeder is and check them out thoroughly. It won't be easy to find a reputable breeder that mixes breeds.
[notify]
Dublin Rose- O'Belle

Sugar Baby!

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 1:41pm PST 
oh. my. gosh.

please reconsider and try adopting. many charming mixed breeds are available. what you are looking for would be a puppy mill creation. I doubt a legitimate breeder would offer puppies of mixed breeds like you are looking for.
[notify]
Tucker, CGC,- TDI

Bloggin' Dog

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 2:05pm PST 
There are no "breeders" breeding the dog you are looking for. shrug

There are, however, puppy millers and unscrupulous backyard breeders turning them out by the hundreds. Have a ball.
[notify]
Millie

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 2:24pm PST 
I just like the breed and have met many of those dogs that I like. I have been heavily researching breeders and will be very cautious where I get mine from. Here are the places I am looking into...all you anti hybrid dog fanatics...what can you tell me about these breeders?
Rolling Meadows Puppies
Dirty Paws Teddy Bears
Jennifer Peterson Daisy Dogs
LillyBits Shichon
[notify]
Tucker, CGC,- TDI

Bloggin' Dog

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 2:29pm PST 
This is not a breed. This is a deliberate cross-breed bred for no other purpose than the almighty dollar. With regard to the "breeders" you mentioned, I can tell you one thing for sure - none of them are in it for any other reason than to pad their bank accounts. And I can tell you that without even looking at their websites. Impressive, huh?
[notify]
Millie

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 2:35pm PST 
Many are family owned/family rasied.
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Thu Sep 16, '10 2:38pm PST 
A quick check of those "breeders" reveal no health testing and no proof of temperament. (CGC , TDI ect) There are also no pedigrees shown . You may want to look up postings on choosing a reputable breeder. Whats wrong with an adult mix from petfinder as someone suggested?

Edited by author Thu Sep 16, '10 2:50pm PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6