GO!

The ADOPT 2010 CONTEST and STROLL is here!!! Check it Out and ENTER by May 15th!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  
Gibbon

I came. I saw.- I conquered!

Barked: Thu Apr 15, '10 6:23pm PST 
It’s FIFTH ANNIVERSARY of the Annual Adopt Stroll and Contest! Originally created in 2006 by my pal, Lucia, a promise was made when she left Dogster that we would keep the contest going for ADOPTION! And we are so committed to bringing it back each year with a fresh mix of judges and different prizes and great categories!

So what is this contest about and what do you do? The deets are below! Read carefully as the contest evolves each year to keep It fresh and always exciting!

What is the mission of the contestshrug
By dogster members sharing pictures and stories of how an adopted pup has brought joy, love and fulfillment to one’s life, we hope to inspire, motivate and encourage others to consider adoption when adding a member to their family. So many beautiful pups wait in cages and foster homes throughout the world. If this contest can change just one person’s mind to adopt, we have accomplished our goal!

Who can enter and what do you need to do?shrug
All Dogsters are welcome!! Pups who have been adopted, awaiting adoption, transport pets or volunteer or who just support adoption! That’s pretty much every pup! BOL! You do not have to be adopted to be eligible. Your entry MUST include a tagged picture and a diary entry or bio on your page. The entry/bio can be a story, a poem, an essay so long as it's on your page! Feel free to be creative BUT it must reflect adoption – and what it means to you.

There will be a Grand Prize, 2nd, 3rd and Five Honorable Mentions for the main adoption category as well as the Rainbow Angel category, which was added to the 2008 contest. There is a NEW category for 2010, which is SASSY’S SENIOR! This category was created especially for Sassy, a beloved Dogster member who is unable to judge in the contest this year due to her Mom’s need for a liver transplant. Sassy and her Mom were HUGE supporters and contributors to the contest. To continue her participation and cheerleading spirit, we wanted to create a category that she would be over the moon about and senior pups truly need the spirit of adoption! So we are giving them Sassy’s encouragement! Pups who are 8 years or older are eligible to enter into this category and we suggest their entry be more specific to adoption and senior living! If you would like to know an update or progress of Sassy’s Mom, please contact Trudy or join us in our prayers and status updates in the RALLY for SALLY on Facebook!

What's the Deadline?shrug
Pictures must be entered before Saturday, May 15th @ 9 pm Dogster time ~~ that gives you plenty of time to decide on your entry!

Can I enter more than one picture?shrug
Only ONE picture per pup. If you have siblings or fosters, each dog can have one individual photo entered with their own entry/bio. Entering more than one photo for one pup can cause you to be disqualified!

What type of picture?shrug
Photos should capture 'the good life'. Whether it's lounging on a comfy couch, playing fetch with your human or wrestling with your siblings - any picture that shows the positive impact of being in a great home! Natural pictures are preferred but you can enter a picture that is animated, edited or anything else to celebrate adoption and rescue. No special consideration is given for edited pictures.

What's the tag for the stroll?shrug
For the Main Adoption category, tag your pic ~~ mainadopt10stroll
For the Rainbow Angel Category, tag your pic ~~ Angeladopt10stroll
For the Sassy Senior Category, tag your pic ~~ SSadopt10stroll

Make sure you check out the STROLLS during the contest!
Main Adopt ‘10, Rainbow Angel Adopt ‘10, Sassy Senior Adopt ‘10

What about the diary entry/bio? shrug
For your diary entry, you must title the entry ADOPT 2010 CONTEST so we know which diary to review. We strongly recommend that if you want to use a previous diary entry, please copy it as one of your more recent entries so it will be easier to locate. If it is in your bio, please be sure you also place the same title at the place of the bio you want us to consider. It can never be too short or too long so long as it is about adoption and what it has meant to you.

We cannot consider an entry that is not appropriately titled. If you have FALLING OBJECTS on your page, please note that some of us judges might have trouble opening your page to read your entry, we will try to notify you but understand that there will be several entries to review. To make it easier, please consider removing the falling objects during the two week judging period.

Who are the judges?shrug
We have a wonderful circle of judges! Thank you to Sir Austin, Daisy Mae, Dickens (2nd Place Adopt 08 Winner), Georgie, Gracie Jane (3rd Place Adopt 06 Winner), Leo (Rainbow Angel Adopt 09 Winner), Molly (Grand Prize Adopt 08 Winner), Peanut (Honorable Mention Adopt 09 Winner), River, Sam H (3rd Place Adopt 09 Winner), Shiloh, Spirit (2nd Place Adopt 09 Winner), The Fabulous Conway Sisters, Mrs. Trudy and ME!

OUR 2010 PRIZE LIST!!!blue dog

We thank all the individual pups and businesses who have reached into their pockets and hearts, and a BIG thank you Best Bully Sticks, Westpaw Design and Tracy Ann, Nature’s Translator for contributing to the contest! We encourage you to click on their links below and visit their sites! Special shout out to Dogster for being a HUGE supporter of our contest. We would all not be here as a community to celebrate us pups if it were not for Dogster!

All entries for all three strolls are eligible to win any of the MAIN category slots (Grand, 2nd, 3rd and five HMs). The Rainbow Angel and Sassy’s Senior categories are reserved for entries who tag the applicable strolls.

During the contest period to submit entries, Dogster members can contact me if they would like to continue to add to the list of prizes. I will revise the list during the contest and note the prize as NEW smile

RAINBOW ANGEL
Plus Subscription from Dogster (either new or renewal)
95 zealies donated by Dogster
100 zealies donated by Dickens
25 zealies donated by Ozzie
**NEW**25 zealies donated by Sam H
10 zealies donated by Hershey
$40.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Gibbon
$15.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Mrs. Trudy
$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Peanut
**NEW**$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Anonymous
$25.00 Petco or Petsmart gift certificate to a Rescue of Choice or Rainbow Angel’s sibling donated by Georgie
Gift certificate for one free session with Tracy Ann, Nature’s Translator and Animal Communicator (She is AMAZING!!! Feel free to ask me more details about this specific prize)
**NEW**$25.00 Gift Certificate to create a Memory Book donated by Willie (Winner will choose the photo website of choice)
**NEW**A pawtographed book of “Bad to the Bone: A Memoir of a Rebel Doggie Blogger” donated by its Author, Bo. 10% of all proceeds are donated to animal rescue! For more details, please visit BO’S BOOK MEMOIR WEBSITE!!!
A 11 x 17 custom portrait created by Tinker Belle from brettallen.com store
A gift certificate for a personalized heart magnet donated by Sara
Forever Star on dogster page donated by Mia
Forever Star on dogster page donated by Sir Austin

SASSY’S SENIOR (Seniors are considered 8 years or older)
Plus Subscription from Dogster (either new or renewal)
105 zealies donated by Dogster
50 zealies donated by Dickens
50 zealies donated by Rudy Patudy
25 zealies donated by Ozzie
**NEW**15 zealies donated by Hansome Jack
Kuranda Bed to Rescue of Choice or equal value if Rescue is not listed on site donated by Spike
$25.00 donation in winner's name to Best Friends Animal Society donated by Chipper
$25.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Anonymous
$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Peanut
$50.00 Gift Basket donated by Snoop Dog Beagleys, LLC Dogster Group
$25.00 Petsmart Gift Card donated by Maggie
**NEW**$25.00 Gift Certificate to create a Memory Book donated by Willie (Winner will choose the photo website of choice)
**NEW**A pawtographed book of “Bad to the Bone: A Memoir of a Rebel Doggie Blogger” donated by its Author, Bo. 10% of all proceeds are donated to animal rescue! For more details, please visit BO’S BOOK MEMOIR WEBSITE!!!
**NEW**A dog toy from West Paw Design donated by Mia and The Manchester Mutts
A gift certificate for a personalized heart magnet donated by Sara
Forever Star on dogster page donated by Mia

GRAND PRIZE
75 zealies donated by Dogster
250 zealies donated by Peaches
$100.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Willie
$25.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Gracie Jane
$100.00 Gift Basket donated by Snoop Dog Beagleys, LLC Dogster Group
A Terry Stanley dog portrait from the Dog Days of Painting donated by River
50 6-inch thin bully sticks donated by Best Bully Sticks which you can check out by linking through Morgan’s Blog who asked for the donation!
One Together Tag Rescue ID with Recovery Service donated by Dogster
$25.00 Gift Certificate to Lady, Angelica and Snickers’ store, Pampered Paw Gifts
**NEW**$25.00 Petsmart Gift Card donated by Willie
**NEW**A personalized pet throw donated by Seamus whose Mom has a great Etsy site called Girly Girl Bags!!! Her site will have pet throws soon!
**NEW**Plus Subscription (either new or renewal) donated by Eddie Essig
5 Rosettes and 2 Forever Stars donated by Shiloh from the Philippines

2ND PRIZE
150 zealies donated by The Manchester Mutts
**NEW**25 zealies donated by Rudy Patudy
$60.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Gibbon
$40.00 to a 501(c)(3) Rescue of Choice donated by Spirit
25 6-inch thin bully sticks donated by Best Bully Sticks which you can check out by linking through Morgan’s Blog who asked for the donation!
$25.00 Best Bully Sticks Gift Certificate donated by Bailey
**NEW**$25.00 Petsmart Gift Card donated by Willie
A $40.00 gift basket donated by Sisters 3
A Rescue t-shirt from Spirit
3 Rosettes and 1 Forever Star donated by Shiloh from the Philippines

3RD PRIZE
100 zealies donated by Buddy
25 zealies donated by Cashew and Family
$75.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Anonymous
25 6-inch thin bully sticks donated by Best Bully Sticks which you can check out by linking through Morgan’s Blog who asked for the donation!
Daisy Mae’s snuggle sack donated by River
**NEW**Plus Subscription (either new or renewal) donated by Eddie Essig
$15.00 Gift Certificate to Petco or Petsmart donated by Scooter
1 Rosette and 1 Forever Yellow Star donated by Shiloh from the Philippines

HONORABLE MENTIONS will EACH receive…
50 zealies donated by Jasmine
$25.00 to a Rescue of Choice from Anonymous who will donate for two HMs and Dickens, Gracie Jane and Georgie for one HM
**NEW**$10.00 to a Rescue of Choice donated by Willie
$20.00 Petco or Petsmart Gift Card from Anonymous
A 11 x 17 custom portrait created by Tinker Belle from brettallen.com store
A dog toy from West Paw Design donated by Mia and The Manchester Mutts
A Dogster t-shirt donated by Dogster (choice of sizes will be limited to donations provided)
Forever Star on dogster page donated by Shiloh
A rosette donated by Georgie

blue dogGet ready, set…GO! TAG those pictures and write those entries! WOOHOO! blue dog

Any questions, you can post here or p-mail me or any of the judges!way to go

Edited by author Thu May 6, '10 8:38pm PST

[notify]
Doogie- Bowser- Adopted&hear- ts;

The Doog, a- friend for life.

Barked: Thu Apr 15, '10 6:44pm PST 
cheercheerTagged, now for an entry in the diary.

Thank you for doing this again this year!cloud 9
[notify]
Dickens

I may not be- smart, but darn- i'm cute!

Barked: Thu Apr 15, '10 7:23pm PST 
cheercheer YEY! cheercheer

get ta' writin' Doogie-Bowser! big grin
[notify]

Gibbon

Barked: Thu Apr 15, '10 8:17pm PST 
OMD Doogie you are super adorable! And we definitely encourage dogs waiting for adoption to enter! How pawtastic if someone found you to adopt from the entry and tagged pic! That would be the best prize of all!!! Cannot wait to see your entry cutie!

YAY ADOPTION!snoopy
[notify]
Dante

I know, I'm- handsome

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 7:53am PST 
OMD we are SO excited! Our first year here at Dogster, but we can feel the excitement from the other Dogsters and know this is a special event! Now to sort through those hundreds of pictures taken in the last month and find the very best!
[notify]
Mrs. Trudy

No Snoop Left- Behind

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 12:02pm PST 
Awwwww and Dante is precious too! Dante, we can't wait to read your story and see the picture you choose.

Doogie...simply adorable as well! big grincloud 9

hug
[notify]
Sir Austin

~~Our Guardian- Angel~~

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 5:45pm PST 
cloud 9 Dante you are an adorable little guy! big grin
[notify]
Risa- W-FDM/MF RE- RL1 CA CGC

Awesome Dog

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 5:52pm PST 
I'm so happy to hear this contest is back. What wonderful support for all who rescue and adopt. Best of luck to all entrants!
[notify]
Gibbon

Barked: Fri Apr 16, '10 11:09pm PST 
We are so excited you guys are entering! Dante, we hope you love the contest because what we have come to realize is that there is a wonderful moment where your Mom and/or Dad write your entry and reflect on how adoption changes one's life and it truly is so cleansing and genuine and loving. Man, we always tear up with all the entries! All so unique and personal! We encourage all those entering to read other entries! snoopy

Risa, who takes your photos! SO gorgeous! Well, alot has to do with the model! And we already saw that you have an entry! Mom already had kleenex out! Wonderful!!!applause
[notify]
Georgie, CGC

Where's the- fun!! Let's- play now!!

Barked: Sat Apr 17, '10 8:49am PST 
I am super excited to read all the stories, so many special pups and families here on Dogster applauseapplauseapplauseapplause
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15