GO!

5 Month old Bulldog pup beaten - please help!!!

This is a forum to discuss legislation and legal matters pertaining to the rights and welfare of dogs. Please remember to counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice and responses.

Shadow NPC,- MDM

Ban the Deed - Not the Breed

Barked: Tue Jun 16, '09 7:39am PST 
Obviously I couldn't attach the picture here...

PLS CROSSPOST

This is sooo inhumane!!! Look at this 5 mth puppy no longer with us!

Please read and do something about this tragic death!!!

Date: Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 4:30 PM
Subject: IA ~American Bulldog beaten to death in Sioux City, Iowa. WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!

Hello all

This is tragic story. attached is a picture of "Sire" an American Bulldog, who was beaten to death by his owner last week here in Sioux City. He was approx 5 mos old at the time of his death.

He had urinated on the carpet and then received over 30 blows to the head and subesequently died. I am on a mission. I fear he will go unpunished and need your support and help to spread the word, so that our local law enforcement and judicial system do the right thing. Bobby Loggins is the the owner of the dogs and was charged with "torture of an animal" which is a simple misdemenor. Needless to say if he pleads guilty, he will be fined and that is all.

What we need to happen is as follows: The Sioux City PD needs to ammend his charges to "Intentional Cruelty To an Animal" which would be a serious misdemenor. This CAN happen if the charges are ammended prior to his plea/court date. I believe this is this weds. I need everyone to start asking questions here. The ball was dropped initially by the charging officers, but this can be fixed if we put the pressure on.

I ask that you all give a call to the Sioux City Police Chief : Doug Young 712-279-6440 and the City Legal Dept at 712-279-6318 WE NEED TO ASK WHY THE CURRENT CHARGES STAND AND WHY WE ARE NOT AMMENDING THEM? THIS SHOULD BE HANDLED BY THE COUNTY PROSECUTOR, AS THE APPROPRIATE CHARGE WOULD BE A VIOLATION OF A STATE STATUTE. THEY ARE TRYING TO SWEEP THIS UNDER THE RUG.

THIS BEAST WILL GO UNPUNISHED ESSENTIALLY IF THE CHARGES ARE NOT CHANGED. OFFICIALS NEED TO KNOW, THAT THESE ANIMALS DO HAVE A VOICE AND IT IS US!!!!!!

Thanks for your time, please spread the word.

Sheila Copple
[notify]
Sugar- (Passed- 8-8-13)

~I'm a brat,- yup~

Barked: Tue Jun 16, '09 5:26pm PST 
This is horrible. I know the law doesn't do right by the animals who suffer. It is up to us to speak out on their behalfs. We hope all here will.
[notify]
Casey (FINALLY HOME!!!!!!)

Adopt me - Omaha

Barked: Tue Jun 16, '09 8:17pm PST 
Flip, I just posted the exact same thing under American Bulldog Justice. Let's hope more people respond!
[notify]

Kate

Zoom Zoom

Barked: Wed Jun 17, '09 7:41am PST 
How Awful! crycry

Do people not understand accidents are part of puppy ownership, or dog ownership period? Do we beat our kids when THEY have an accident during potty training? Sheesh..Id like to beat this guy over the head.
[notify]
CRUNCH the- BULL-DOZER

The FURocious- CRUNCH DOG

Barked: Wed Jun 24, '09 11:21am PST 
We will call and get everyone we know to call! I would like to give that moron 30 blows to the head... with a BAT!
[notify]