GO!

what food should my mommy feed us?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

♥- Tinkerbell- ♥

Tinkerbell- Sweetest Little- Girl

Barked: Sat May 16, '09 7:07pm PST 
What food should my mommy feed me a 4 year old mini dachshund and my 3 year old chi-weenie sister Zoey? Thanks for any help you can give her.
[notify]
Penny

Rattweiler

Barked: Sat May 16, '09 10:03pm PST 
You'll want to look for a kibble that is high quality. Here are a few points when looking for a food:

- No by-products (feet, feathers, etc)
- Corn free
- High protein, low carb is always good
- No unidentified ingredients (ex, 'animal' fat, 'poultry liver'. What kind of animal is in your food?)

Some brands that I recommend are:

- Innova (EVO has super tiny kibbles for your little ones)
- Orijen
- Wellness CORE
- Before Grain (also super tiny kibble size)
- Canidae
- Taste of the Wild

Edited by author Sat May 16, '09 10:04pm PST

[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Sun May 17, '09 9:23am PST 
My pack of a small dogs weighing less than 15 pounds eats Wellness Small Breed. It's a great food that they actually enjoy eating. All of the dogs poops are very small and firm and the kibble is small enough for my dogs to get ahold of in their mouths. Wellness is also a fantastic company.
[notify]

Tucker, CGC,- TDI

Bloggin' Dog

Barked: Mon May 18, '09 7:07am PST 
Hi, Tinkerbell. Like Gunner, my two little ones (Tucker, a 15 pound Powderpuff Chinese Crested, and Phoebe, a 9.5 pound Brussels Griffon/Yorkie mix) both enjoy Wellness Small Breed. Some others that they enjoy are Innova Small Bites, Innova Evo Small Bites, Solid Gold Just A Wee Bit Bison, and Artemis Small Breed, to name a few.
[notify]