GO!

Your Huskies weight and Age?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  
Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 9:38am PST 
I was recently at the vets to have dakine spayed and the vet inform me she was a little small for her age..Im curious to know what your Siberians weight and age is.shrug

Dakine is 6 months and 40lbs.
[notify]
Shadow

There's nothing- like a- huskyslove.

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 11:55am PST 
My husky is 9 years old and she weighs about 60 -64 lbs. now they say that a female should weigh 50 lbs. but I'm not convinced of that, Shadow has always weighed between 60 and 65lbs. no matter how much I walk her and I only feed her twice a day a low fat food, she doesn't loose weight, she has big feet and is a large husky. At 6 months your dog isn't full grown, I'm sure he will have a growth spurt, an adult weight for a male is 55lbs. but I wouldn't worry too much if he were a little over or a little under, I've seen some pretty skinny huskies.blue dog
[notify]
Summer

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 2:07pm PST 
huh. Summer just got spayed in February right before she turned 6 months. She weighed 30 pounds -- I thought she was too skinny. After a week of having to rest, she gained 5 pounds and is at 35 pounds and looks good for her size. The vet didn't say anything to me about Summer being underweight, even though I mentioned it.

Cooper will be a year old on Thursday. He's at 55+ pounds.
[notify]

Woofgang

Born to Run

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 3:24pm PST 
Woofy is 7 months and 45 pounds, but looks skinny to me.
[notify]
Nikita

i want to go- outside!

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 4:40pm PST 
Niki is 5 months old and about 30-35 pounds.

Siberian husky standard is 35-50 pounds full grown for females, but I know a lot of them are being bred bigger than the standard.

I also think they do not put on weight like a lab or other breed might because they were bred to be lightweight runners so I would not worry about her being too skinny or underweight as long as she seems healthy otherwise.
[notify]
Kiona CGC

The Prettiest- Princess

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 6:39pm PST 
Siberian breed standards calls for females to be 35-50 pounds & 20-22" at the withers, and males 45-60 pounds, 21 to 23½ inches at the withers. There is NOT a trend to breed bigger- no way. Reputable breeders do not breed their dogs bigger than the standard.

The people breeding huge, out of standard Siberian huskies are BYBs or puppymill types who probably could not pick out a well bred Siberian if their lives depended on it and most likely have no idea there is such a thing as a standard.
Tormé

Jazz Wolf

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 8:13pm PST 
Tormé is roughly 3 - 4 years (rescued from a kill shelter, I'm judging by teeth wear) and 48 - 49 lbs.

When I meet people and they think he's small I politely inform them Sibes are known for not being big in weight but in strength.
[notify]
Dakine

Whistler dog

Barked: Tue Mar 24, '09 6:02am PST 
Yea I was pretty shocked when a vet made that comment. I know what the average size should be. She is pure breed and her family are show dogs. So I dont know why he would have made this comment especially at 6 months. shrug i think she is average and healthy and that is all that matters to mecheerapplause
[notify]
Toby

They call me- Snags!!

Barked: Tue Mar 24, '09 8:38am PST 
Toby is 3 yrs old and is 53.5 lbs.. He gets a LOT of exercise, so he's a lean mean pulling machine!
[notify]
Vance CGC

You kids g'off- my lawn!

Barked: Tue Mar 24, '09 11:24am PST 
Vance is 7 years, between 46 and 52 lbs, depending on how well he's been eating. He is also over two inches over standard height, which makes his frame pretty disproportionate in terms of the standard. I swear there's something else in there, but no one else buys it. Yet if I put him in a room with a proper Sibe, people will recognize the proper Sibe's breed and then ask what Vance is.

Edited by author Tue Mar 24, '09 11:26am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14