GO!

People and their 'Little Dogs'

This is the place for pups to exchange ideas and information about a variety of dog-related topics. Don't furget that there are many great resources on Dogster such as Dogster Answers and Dogster Blogs!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Natcho

I'll Kill You- With Kisses

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '09 6:56pm PST 
This is a rant. And I am not going to be specific laugh out loud
So the other day I am grocery shopping when I see a girl walk up with a stroller. I looked inside the stroller to see a little dog. And at a grocery store! its bad enough they go to regular stores and malls that say no dogs allowed but in a grocery store? Come on people...I told the lady 'No dogs allowed and that looks like a dog to me' It got me mad. I think some little dog owners think because their dog is small it doesn't count as a dog. Newsflash, Duh yes it doesbig laugh And, another thing. [No offense to all the awesome little guys out there] My grandma has a little dog. And he jumps up on me and mounts me and gets into garbage, never stops barking, pees in the house, is aggressive to children and all those things. And one day I was going to sit on the couch and he was there and I told him to move but he wouldn't. So I tried to grab his collar and he snapped at me. I took it as a threat and grabbed his scruff of the neck and said NO. I think I scared the crap out of him because my grandma doesn't give him disipline what so ever. He respects me a lot. Sometimes he will growl at me and I will tell him who is boss[ And no, Not by beating the crap out of himbig laughI never hit dogs]
It just gets me mad and I hope no one takes this post offenseivlyto their dog
[notify]
Diamond RIP

diamonds are a- girls best- friend

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '09 8:04pm PST 
i dont hate little dogs i just dont care to much for their ownerslaugh out loud i think people should treat little dog like dogs not furrie little brats i know some great little pugs that are sweet well mannered and well cute.but i do know a little lhasa apso thats a brat he pees in my house when he comes over tries to start fights with my dogs and wont shut up.and dogs in the grocery store no way thats not right unless its a service dog
[notify]
Sumo

Lady's Man

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '09 9:56pm PST 
Awesome little dog herewave I observe the same rules of the house as my larger furblings.

Mom only dresses me for winter weather when we go for hikes...cuz I don't like to be left out of any pack activity. People forget we need exercise too...if not more than our bigger counterparts. way to go A well exercised dog is usually a well behaved dog.

Boundries and limitations are important for K-9's and humans wink of all ages.
[notify]

Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Sat Feb 21, '09 10:10pm PST 
Dahlia's best bud is a little dog, and he's great. The only dogs that should be allowed in a grocery store are service dogs, period. Miss D is 30 lbs, and the best advice I got when I recieved her was "don't let her become an annoying, unruly dog that people hate!" Most folks forget that no matter what the size, undisciplined dogs are a royal pain. I have a friend with a 5 lb., unnamed breed dog that they don't socialize or discipline...because it's tiny. He's a pain, violates their cat, granddaughters, and they think it's funny 'cause he's cute. shock Tried to point out the basics, but got cranky response....oh well, they have to live with him, not me.....shrug
[notify]
In loving- memory of- Cinnamon ~

A truly good dog- never really- leaves

Barked: Sun Feb 22, '09 4:15pm PST 
Sometimes, I just don't get it.

Big dog owners can come on these dog sites and rant about little dog owners all day. But, when we little dog owners do the same thing about big dog owners... our posts get marked as spam or get flagged as rude and inapropriate.

shrug

I'm posting as Cinnamon so you'll know that I know BOTH sides of the war. wink
[notify]
Diamond RIP

diamonds are a- girls best- friend

Barked: Sun Feb 22, '09 4:59pm PST 
i say rant about the big dog owners too we all have our own opinon
[notify]
Mollie Jo- CGC

*LICK* *LICK*- *LICK* *LICK*

Barked: Sun Feb 22, '09 6:19pm PST 
But we always need to remember its never the dogs fault....Its irresponsible or uneducated owners that do these things.

No matter if its a un diciplined dog or an illeagle shopping spree...
[notify]
Chanel- (Rehomed)

Born to Be- Beautiful

Barked: Sun Feb 22, '09 7:11pm PST 
Don't think that little dogs are always that way. Because they're not always. I agree people do humanize their little dogs waaaaay to much, but I don't really like it when people say all these bad things about little dogs. (I am an owner of three chihuahuas and two big dogs.) I love them both.
[notify]
Abigail

Cuddlebug. - That's me!

Barked: Sun Feb 22, '09 7:22pm PST 
Amen to that Chanel!
[notify]
Grady

Can we go now?!

Barked: Mon Feb 23, '09 12:50am PST 
I see it on both sides of the fence (so to speak). I see big dogs off leash the most and I see little dogs offensive behavior being ignored the most. Both irk me, but "Whatcha gonna do?!" It's the owners of those few (big and small) that make bad names and bad memories for the owners of the rest. It's also the irresponsible few who cause stupid dog restriction laws to be so in demand. But, again, "Whatcha gonna do?!"
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5