GO!

My Dog's neutering cost $600.

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  
Brody

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 7:37am PST 
Is it just me - or is that the most ridiculous thing you have ever heard? Nothing special - just a neuter. $600.

What did you pay? What should I do? This is nuts! Pun Intended.
[notify]
Mr.- BoJangles

Behaving doesn't- always work for- me

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 7:43am PST 
Wow, that is expensive! I haven't had a dog neutered in awhile, but it was nowhere near that price! I want to say it was at the most 200.

Wow!
[notify]
Mia

5/12/08-10/10/10-

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 8:05am PST 
Are you kidding? Do you have a low-cost spay/neuter program in your area? Mia's spay was $150 (including microchip & rabies shot + pain meds). Would have been $300 if I'd gone to our regular vet.
[notify]

Oni~Prince of Thieves

Unable to- respond...

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 8:07am PST 
Wow...that is a lot for a normal neuter. And you sure that didn't include vaccinations or an annual checkup? (although even then the price would still seem kind of high)

I know that an undecended testicle can bump up the price, but that varies depending on the clinic.

The most that I have heard is $250, but I live close to the country and in the south, so on average, vet care is a bit cheaper here overall. And that $250 also included a boarding fee.

I don't know if there is anything you can do after the fact...did they not tell you how much a neuter costs before it was done?
[notify]
Bella and- Bug

Little Rascals

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 8:19am PST 
When I had Jack last year before I gave him to my best friends daughter (she, my friend was dying of cancer and her daughter loved Jack and wanted him, I let her have him as she was going to loose her mom within a month, Jack was 4 months old), I had him nuetered for only $80 at my vet. I think you got taken for a ride big time!
[notify]
Misty

Can I chase it?!

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 8:21am PST 
That's INSANE! I paid about $100 to get Misty spayed, and I think that included the pain meds!
[notify]
Zeppelin J.- Dogg, ESQ

My Genetic Color- Code is e/e,- b/b.

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 8:24am PST 
that's absurd. i think zeppelin's was a little over $300, and i felt that was ridiculous.

it's no wonder there are so many people who don't spay and neuter...they probably aren't aware of the lost cost clinics, and seriously, there's no way i could afford to pay $600 to have my dog neutered! that's robbery.
[notify]
Sanford- Hawley

GO DAWGS!!!

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 8:26am PST 
WOW!!!!! Thats just crazy. Sanford's is going to more because of his undecended testicle, I hope it wont be that much.
[notify]
Diamond RIP

diamonds are a- girls best- friend

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 8:28am PST 
thats crazy our dogs spay only cost 200 and she was 120lbs when it was done most of the cost being the drugs 600 is way too much time to find a new vet
[notify]
Cliff

Barked: Fri Jan 23, '09 8:29am PST 
It varies greatly by where you live, what pre-op and post-op considerations are taken, what monitoring equiptment and expertise you have, size of dog and drugs used, etc. That's a bit less than what would be charged in my area for a medium sized dog with bloodwork already done in advanced. Since we want everyone to be able to spay/neuter, I agree there should be more clinics around for this.
-christine
http://dogscats.today.com
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6