GO!

Annie, Bo and Charley's New years resolutions :)

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  
Bo

Mr. Cuddly- wuddly bear..

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 10:29am PST 
With the new year fast approaching the pups and I have discussed our new years resolutions wink So here is some stuff they want to work on for self improvement.

Annie, well although I am pretty much perfect red face I am going to work on my timing. Mommy would really like to see what I am capable of training wise. She is learning some neat stuff on here and I think I can work with her on that.

Bo, well hello I am cute and that is all I need to do BUT mommy wants to teach me how to open the refrigerator so I can get my dad a beer out. Oh, and I guess I need to bring it to him. I am pretty sure this would make my dad super happy and he does bring me treats all the time cloud 9 I guess I am supposed to listen better too.

Charley, well well I am so sure I have a lot to work on but I will start listening. Since that makes everyone so happy. Then I guess there is the potty issue inside/ outside what's the difference ? Maybe I will stop barking so much but I really enjoy that. Oh and biting, I guess that's an issue too. That's all for now I don't want to change too much I am who I am wink

What about you pups what are your goals for the new year ?
[notify]
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 10:36am PST 
Alot of the same goals as last year. Obediedeience class, learning what stay means, and come, continuing with potty training and better aim. red face
[notify]
Henry CGC

i love the snow

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 10:50am PST 
yep your dogs are cute and pretty don't you love the face they make when they look at you that tells you they KNOW it too haha?

Henry- have to work on the "watch me" command. And to teach whistle commands like come and stay with different number of whistle blows. (i may be pushing it. we'll start with just come)

Jessie- i was so lucky to get her, she is so willing to please.bragbragbrag. seriously i'm not a great dog trainer or something, this dog just wants to watch me and please. now if only some of that attentiveness would rub off on the henry..

Bella (the catster)- it would be nice if she wouldn't swipe Jessie's rear end.something tells me that new years resolutions do not apply to the cat though.
[notify]

Bo

Mr. Cuddly- wuddly bear..

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 11:04am PST 
Henry, NO they do not Jack our cat thinks there is no need to change any of his quirky behaviors laugh out loud Annie is that way, she is such a people pleaser all it take with her is a look and no it does not rub off on the others. laugh out loud
[notify]
Nallah

*Retrieva Diva!*

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 11:04am PST 
Wanted to wish everypup GOOD LUCK on your New Years Resolutions!

Nallah & I's resolution is : Learn Clicker Training!

We would also like to enroll into Agility classes & MAYBE look into CGC. Thats a big Maybe though.

Happy Howlidays Everypup! party
[notify]
Hucky

Have Teeth, will- Chew

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 11:05am PST 
Well as for Hucky, NO MORE CHEWING. Stay as cute as you are, just STOP CHEWING

as for Little Girl, STOP DIGGING the moles don't bother you, stop bothering the moles. And stop running away every time you see the camera

Scooter, the cat. For 14 years I have been feeding you first thing before anything else every morning. You don't need to whine the second my alarm goes off. I know my animals needs come before my first cup of coffee in the morning.
[notify]
Zack

formerly The- Very Hungry- Puppy-pillar

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 11:19am PST 
My New Year's Resolutions:
1.) Sleep on the couch as much as possible.
2.) Learn to enjoy playing with my toys (even the ones that don't have food in them!)
3.) Attempt to tolerate Moose (Bianca) and all of her energy.
4.) Work on my off-leash recall so I can run around outside a little more often.
5.) Convince the humans that I really do NEED more food and treats.
[notify]
Bianca

Graceful as a- moose

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 11:24am PST 
My New Year's Resolutions:

1.) Finally convince everyone that I am a very tiny and cute lapdog and that you really can fit me and a person in the same chair.
2.) Try to be at least a tiny bit calmer than I usually am when I greet people.
3.) Learn to give people back the toys after I fetch them.
4.) Finally attempt to catch that Frisbee with my teeth rather than my front paws.
5.) Make sure the humans don't forget me when they go for a ride in MY golf cart or MY boat.
[notify]
Kahuna

Only my cover is- scary. Read my- book.

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 1:00pm PST 
Nothing. My dogs are perfect of course. Sooo kidding. Try to get Tomba to stop pulling on the lead. Tried to drop the lead and step on it, like I did with Kahuna (which work great and in one afternoon). Didn't work with her. Back to the drawing board. I agree though, the cuteness factor on a squishy bully face can melt butter.
[notify]
Hucky

Have Teeth, will- Chew

Barked: Mon Dec 15, '08 1:17pm PST 
Tomba, I tried different things with Huck cause he was walking me rather then me walk him. I found to get him to walk like a perfect gentleman was after the first pull, I shortened his leash and pulled up on it and told him to walk nice. After a few times where he couldn't even put his head down to sniff, he started walking nice. With my pit bull, nothing worked, I had to train him with a choker. Every dog is different and takes different techniques to train.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12