GO!

Mayor orders shelter dogs released to "the wild"

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 10:46am PST 
& some of these dogs were sick???
What will become of them?
http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/news/?cid=72681
eta: Who is good at gathering up e-mail addys & phone numbers?...We need contact info. for the jerk, the shelter & any "powers that be" there.
Also I bet PETA & the HSUS will find out about this & have a field day with it.
I don't agree with those organizations but I also wouldn't want to be at the end of their pointing finger.laugh out loud

Edited by author Fri Jun 13, '08 11:39am PST

[notify]
Poquito- ♥

Die- Cancer,- Die!

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 10:57am PST 
OMD! eek What a moron! I cannot believe that Arkansas wouldn't have some sort of STATE law governing this act of sheer stupidity and callus disregard for life. We have a plaque on the wall at home which reads "THE MORE I GET TO KNOW SOME PEOPLE, THE BETTER I LIKE DOGS". Now here's a perfect example. How incredibly sad. Domestic dogs are NOT all throwbacks to wolves. Gee whiz!
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 11:07am PST 
OMD!! I can't believe it. What will happen to them? How many were there. They will die of starvation and sickness. Couldn't someone have got other shelters to take some. I feel sick thinking about it.crycrycry The major should be charged for abandonment!
[notify]

Buddy- Doughnut- *CGC*ESA*

I\'m Jelly- Filled! *Gone- But Not Forgote

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 11:16am PST 
shockshockshockshockcrycrycrycrycryconfusedconfusedshockshocksilenced
[notify]
Lily

Whose bed?? Why- would YOU think- that?

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 11:24am PST 
I rescued a dog who was identified by the shelter as a Husky mix. She had been living feral. She turned out to be an American Eskimo and Coyote cross. She came at 30 pounds and at 53 pounds was still lean. If a Coyote can't survive, how can a domestic dog?

I have absolutely nothing to say about this idiot. It would have been better to put the dogs down than condemn them to slow starvation, plus being mistreated by the humans they will come in contact with. Kylee had scars across her face from being hit with a chain. She was terrified of brooms. She'd recently had pups, but no one ever saw them.

Why not turn him loose in the same area as the dogs after smearing him with hamburger? Kylee wouldn't have hurt him, but maybe another dog could!!
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 11:25am PST 
So it's better to release dogs who have little to no survival skills, to be killed by wildlife, people contaminating food because they don't want the dogs around (or in their garbage), or possibly hit by cars?

Sounds like MORE work for Animal Control to me.

shrug
[notify]
Mellow

IF you can- catch- me....

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 11:29am PST 
I just can't believe this, its sickening, everyone works so hard to find homes, fosters, donations, educates, and then something like this, it just makes me cry. Unbelievable, truly unbelievable.
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 11:32am PST 
How much do you want to be they weren't spayed & neutered too?cry
[notify]
Rosalita Lola "Rosie"

Love is never- being told you'- naughty!

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 11:52am PST 
Pippin you are probably right. They had no money so would have left them as they found them. This is tragic. Yes, it would have been kinder to put them to sleep rather than let them die of starvation, sickness and all the other horrors that can happen to them. I guess the major would say thery couldn't afford the shots t put them to sleep! I still can't get it though my head how he was allowed to do this and why no-one stopped him.cry
[notify]
Kitai

Chia Kitai!

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '08 11:59am PST 
OMD I hope someone goes out there and tries to find or trap them!!!

Like all of you I am absolutely STUNNED at the stupidity of this story! I seriously can't even believe this is true!

If anyone who lives in Arkansas puts together a team of people to go find these dogs I will contribute to the costs of the search. Gas money, meals for the searchers, etc. This is absolutely ridiculous!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11