GO!

Fever?

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

Roxie, NPC

I'm a poodle! - Got a problem- with that??

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 6:35am PST 
Hey guys. I think Roxie has a fever. She seemed very warm and the insides of her ears were warm and her nose. I don't have a thermomoter (might run out and get one) but what should a dog's normal temp be? Should I be worried? Can I take her temperature anywhere else besides the bum? She seems to be ok otherwise..playing .. eating and drinking. Maybe I am just being paranoid.
[notify]
Roxie, NPC

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 7:52am PST 
anyone?
[notify]
♥Lenn- on♥

How could you- not LOVE this- face???

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 7:55am PST 
unfortunately the bum is the place to go... (no pun intended). Her normal temp should be between 100.0 to 102.5. Anything higher means an immediate trip to the vet..
[notify]

Cassie

Cairnattitude - My Way!!

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 8:43am PST 
Unfortunately, I think the bum is the only place to take the temp....if you think she has a fever, I'd at least call the vet and see if they want her to come in for a look.
[notify]
Roxie, NPC

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 2:34pm PST 
No worries.. just a paranoid mom. She was 100.2.
[notify]
Lucy

Beautiful- Bassador!

Barked: Mon Mar 10, '08 7:20am PST 
Be careful with fevers, when Lucy had an ear infection she had a fever which caused her to have a seizure.
[notify]