GO!

Have you ever ate your dogs food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
♥Cade- nce

Springers jump- for joy.

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 2:34pm PST 
Have you ever tried a small taste of your dog's food to see what it was like for them? Have you ever tasted it, and thought thinkinghmmm not bad?
[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 3:01pm PST 
I've never tried kibble, but I've been known to sample the treats we sell here at work -- I mean how else are you supposed to answer the question, "Are those good treats?" laugh out loud

All the treats that we sell here at work (and anything I'd give my dogs) is free of byproducts and chemical preservatives and yucky things like that. In essence the stuff is human grade. I tend to stick to the non-meat ones for sampling, but I have tried the dehydrated lamb Ziwi Peak food and a locally made elk pemmican dog treat with Saskatoon berries. My verdict on those is: pretty good, but could use a little more salt! Oh, and I tried one of the Wellness Pure Rewards treats once. They're pretty good, actually!

dog
[notify]
Winnie

Anything you can- do I can do- cuter!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 3:16pm PST 
I took a wee bite out of a piece of EVO Red Meat Small Bites (which I use as training treats) and was so grossed out that I had to rinse out my mouth.

I mean, I like meat and all, but dog kibble (even grain-free) is not for me laugh out loud

At least someone in the family likes it!
[notify]

Max

Huntin- King

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 3:17pm PST 
My moms guilty! She has tried the foodlaugh out loudlaugh out loud If we can it it, she can....thats how the family rollslaugh out loud Canidae was the best of them allbig laughshrug
[notify]
♥- -Chelsea

Up up and away!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 3:20pm PST 
laugh out loud I read a post on here about how Dick Vanpatten ate a can of the fish and sweet potato natural balance food. I thought oh thats what my dogs eat. So, I tried a small bitered face. It was not that bad really.laugh out loud
[notify]
~ Princess ~

I AM A- PRINCESS- !!!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 3:22pm PST 
BOL, you guys make mommy ,BOL. She has never tried my food before, maybe she will now,bol.
Love Princess
[notify]
♥Cade- nce

Springers jump- for joy.

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 3:22pm PST 
I would not eat it again though. Thats my post the second above me-Chelsea. It is just with my other dog's picture. Sorry about that.

Edited by author Tue Jan 15, '08 3:22pm PST

[notify]
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 3:27pm PST 
I was talking with one of my customers a couple weeks ago, and she had just read that you're supposed to keep a bag of kibble in your car with your other supplies for total emergency situations where you could get stuck food-less for a lengthy period of time. The idea is that you might eat other foods in less-than-emergency situations, but dog food would be something you'd only eat, say, if you were stuck in the middle of nowhere for days and days and knew you had to keep up your strength up 'till you could be rescued. She was asking me what kind of kibble I'd take, and I said Orijen or Timberwolf Organics. The TWO smells kind of herby, which I think would be a good thing. Orijen doesn't smell dog-foody and seems like it would actually be kind of tasty, especially if you were REALLY hungry!

dog
[notify]
Suki

Can I get a- bellyrub?

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 3:28pm PST 
I've tried the Wellness bars-they're actually not bad...I think it was the yogurt and apple one. smile
[notify]
Josie

I\'m all ears!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '08 3:34pm PST 
My boyfriend tried the dry Merrick Wilderness Blend.

I've tried the canned EVO (venison flavor). I was pleasantly surprised that it did in fact taste like venison. It was bland, but I could tell what type of meat is was by taste.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]