GO!

What Kind of Dog food do you feed your Saint?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Not So Tiny- Tim

Mischief, it's- what keeps me- coming back

Barked: Thu Nov 29, '07 9:36am PST 
I was just wondering, my Vet recomended Candidate, but I have always fed Iams to both my Saints. I was just wondering what other people out there feed their Saints? Obviously with 2 Large dogs, I can't afford the most expensive food, but I want to ensure their health and nutrition. Thanks Paul.
[notify]
Mudge (June- 4, 2006 - Oct 5, 2

Born to snooze!

Barked: Fri Nov 30, '07 4:37pm PST 
Mudge eats Nutro Natural Choice (with yogurt in the morning...he's spoiled!).
[notify]
Snoopy

Self-appointed- Cookie Inspector

Barked: Tue Jan 1, '08 9:04am PST 
Snoopy eats Canidae "all stages", with yogurt in the morning. He gets raw at noon, and finaly ends with Canidae in the evening with some canned food for variety. We do add Salmon oil to his food, Ester "C", Vitamin E. We are looking into switching him to more raw with the Canidae as back-up. As far as pricing goes, up here in Canada, the Canidae is really not outrageously priced and is very competative with other brands. I believe its a lot cheaper that other top of the line brands.
[notify]

Dougal

why sit when you- can lie down?

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '08 2:48am PST 
dougal eats raw now and at 10 months only needs about 1.5lbs a day. if i average under $2 a pound its cheaper than premium foods. before the switch i was feeding him natural balance and he was doing very well on that. its only a little more expensive than iams but MUCH better for them. also keep in mind the better the food the less they will eat and have smaller poops.
[notify]
Bailey

Is it time to- eat again?

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '08 5:30pm PST 
We do Science Diet puppy food for large breed but soon will transistion to just the large breed version (after one year they said she won't need puppy food anymore). If we aren't careful, she will eat us out of house and home!
[notify]
Dexter

Mr. Smiles

Barked: Wed Feb 27, '08 8:29am PST 
We feed Canidae All Life Stages and it is FANTASTIC! The waste is HALF as much as it was on Nutro, the protein isn't too high, and their coats look fantastic!
[notify]
Tootsie

It's all about- me!

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '08 9:02am PST 
Dad has been feeding me and cousin Nadia Costco's Kirkland lamb and rice diet. Our vet says this is an excellent quality food comparable to Iams and Science diet... Dad says the switch was a no-brainer! We also get treated to a little raw beef 2-3 times a week.
2 years on this diet and not a single problem!
[notify]
Dolly

I'm spoiled but- not rotten!

Barked: Sun Mar 9, '08 6:31pm PST 
I just found this forum and its great to see all the Saints! I eat Wellness Core. Saints can have terrible issues with Bloat and the grain free doesn't expand in the stomach like foods with grain does.

Raw is an excellent way to go, too, but I like my kibble and my canned Merrick or Evangers!
[notify]
Eli

little poo

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '08 1:38pm PST 
Hey, we are new! Eli just turned 9 weeks. I've heard a lot about raw food....like what kind of raw food? Any tips are very welcome!dog
[notify]
Honey

Just love and- feed me

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '08 7:50pm PST 
I am Dolly's new foster sis and I am eating the Wellness Core and canned Merrick. I was 99 lbs when I came to my foster home and I am up to 103.5 in just 2 weeks!!! happy dancehappy dancehappy dance
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2