GO!

Canned food preferances?

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Harley - RIP

Burger Queen

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 3:26pm PST 
I got some free samples at a dog fair this weekend of Evangers canned food and I will be trying it on Harley...which is good because they were on my to try list of canned foods (and now I don't have to pay to try them). Does anyone have any experience with them? My short list of canned foods to try is: Evangers, ZiwiPeak and By Nature...the problem is the last two I would have to have shipped in which is bad because I don't use much canned food. Only about 1-2 cans a month. My requirements for canned were originally 1) not made by Menu or American Nutrition and 2) no grains or potatoes. My backups to the brands listed above are Evo and Nature's Variety even though the canned versions are made by Menu. I have avoided using canned for awhile, but I am going to need some soon to hide some supplements I will be starting for Harley shortly. Does anyone have any preferances one way or another?
[notify]
Miles- ***10/4/2002- -6/15/2013**

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 10:06pm PST 
Merrick!! way to go
[notify]
Winnie

Anything you can- do I can do- cuter!

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '07 10:16pm PST 
I recommend the canned (and dry, as well) of the following:
Nature's Variety Instinct
Innova EVO
Wellness
Evanger's
Ziwi Peak

Merrick canned is just okay relative to the others I mentioned- some of their formulas have potatoes and some have brown rice.

Edited by author Sun Sep 30, '07 10:18pm PST

[notify]

Mr.- BoJangles

Behaving doesn't- always work for- me

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 7:18am PST 
We are using the Evangers game meats and the dogs love them! They especially like the rabbit! I like it because you are basically getting the animal on the can. There are only two ingredients, rabbit and water.
[notify]
Angel Maddy

Forever Loved.- 12/20/00-02/05/1- 2

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 7:42am PST 
We love the TWO Pheasant & Herbs Formulas! I'm sure we'll like the three new formulas coming out soon too.
[notify]
Nikki aka- 'Eyes to the- Soul'

hey Irie, wasn't- that MY toy??

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '07 7:47am PST 
my bro and I have been eating Evangers for months now
yummmm
it's also handy because you can order it online for ~$25 a case
and even with the shipping it cost much less than Merrick for example
NOT to say Merrick isn't great, it surely IS
but mama had to weigh cost/availability/ingredients and decided
on Evangers
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Wed Oct 3, '07 12:28pm PST 
I had Evangers 100% Bison and Pheasant and I loved it!

I also recommend Merrick! So many flavors and they are all GREAT!
[notify]