GO!

Cali will loose her leg tomorrow

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  
Calpurnia

I am a princess

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 10:26am PST 
An update on Calpurnia-
We have tried treating her sarcoma with chemo drugs for over a month now. The drugs slowed the tumor growth, but it was still growing. On Tuesday she started limping. After confiring with the vet and doing xrays (her lungs are clear, bloodwork is excellent), she said things were not going to get any better.

I don't want my girl in any pain, so we made the decision to amputate. We are using a different vet (our normal vet is not equiped to amputate) who I have not met, which makes me nervous, but we are scheduled in for tomorrow morning.

Please keep Cali in your thoughts tomorrow.
[notify]
Gunner

I solemnly swear- that I am up to- no good

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 10:28am PST 
All paws (and fingers) crossed over here in AZ for Cali! We will send extra doggie love and prayers tonight, hoping for a safe surgery for Cali!
[notify]
Natasha

>Go- ahead- run...

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 10:28am PST 
Good luck Cali......Get well soon!

wisheshughug
[notify]

quigley

wigley- quigley,the- quigster

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 10:39am PST 
Good luck cali, sure you will be fine , mums friends dog has three legs and gets on really well, and another friends cat has only three legs and copes well, hope all goes well
licks and love
the quigsterdog
[notify]
Jovi, NPC,- CEGE

Momma's boy and- proud of it!!!

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 10:54am PST 
Good luck Cali hughug
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 10:56am PST 
I will be thinking about you guys... I am sure everything will go fine for Cali, you're in my thoughts... wishes
Ginger has a lump on her leg and we are trying to get a diagnosis right now so I can really sympathize with what you are going through (the vet fears osteosarcoma.)

hug hug hug
[notify]
Faith

Pretty girl!

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 11:01am PST 
hug Good luck
[notify]
Boots

My Grand Old Man

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 11:12am PST 
I am sorry to hear about Cali losing a leg, but i am sure all will be fine. Our 12 1/2 year old Irish Setter was diagnosed with bone cancer, rear leg and since h already had arthritis in his shoulders, he opted against amputation, just give him the best time of his life for what time he had left. It turned out to be exactly 10 weeks later we had to send him to the Bridge.

Just last week on one of my golden retrutieve forums one had to have have her sheperh's front leg removed. She had developed cancer in her foot. She is 11 years old and they thought long and hard and decided to do it and she is doing so well they are very happy they did. It didn't take her any time to figure out how to get up and down without that right front leg. Cali will do just fine.
[notify]
Eve

Eve: aka Evil- Sidewinder

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 11:39am PST 
sending all kinds of positive energy healing vibes to you sweet Cali
hughughughughughug
keep us updated dog
[notify]
CALLIE

Callie - Where's the- Squirrel?????

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '07 11:43am PST 
From one Callie to another: Keep your chin up, you will be fine. We have Georgia covered in the prayer department, and all paws are crossed for a quick and FULL recovery. Mom, you are in our thoughts as well.

Love, Callie and Familyhug
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13