GO!

Do any of you greys out there not get on the couch?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Doogie

Born to Sleep!

Barked: Mon Aug 13, '07 8:04pm PST 
My mommy says that a lot of greyhounds are couch potatoes, but I've never gotten up on the couch. Or the bed either. I would rather lay on my bed, or in the doorway of the living room. I've never even tried to get on the couch. Are there any other greyhounds that aren't couch potatoes? I still like to sleep, but I'd rather curl up on my bed with my head under mommy & daddy's bed.
[notify]
Lucky CGC- -9/17/1996-2- /25/2008

RIP- Sweet- Angel

Barked: Wed Aug 15, '07 10:19am PST 
I'm not so thrilled with the bed, it's one of those thick mattresses that makes the bed pretty up high, but I love the couch. (It's kind of hard to get up and get organized, though, because I only have 3 legs). My thick bed is still where I spend most of my time.
[notify]
Kasey

Barked: Fri Aug 17, '07 6:15pm PST 
I love my bed - it's a huge home-made pillow (I actually have two, one smaller and one bigger). I always used to stand next to mommy and daddy's bed and stare when they would lie down. One day daddy said "Up" and so I got up and lay with him on their bed! I was a little hesitant at first but I did. I'm not always allowed on their bed, only on the days mommy and daddy don't get up early in the morning (it falls after Friday - I always know when Friday is) and sometimes when they spend an hour or two before "real lights out bedtime" when they watch that big flashing screen thing. I know I'm not supposed to go on their bed sometimes, and mommy tells me to get off (sometimes she doesn't know when I sneak in there....I think that's why they close the door now when they leave in the morning). The couch is a different story, I've NEVER been allowed up there. I like my own bed just fine though - even though I need it "fluffed" once in a while, but sometimes like getting spoiled by spending time with my parents on their bed.

Edited by author Fri Aug 17, '07 6:18pm PST

[notify]

Zoul

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '07 6:32pm PST 
lol yeah right! zoul is was up on the couch from the first day i brought him home. the bigger he gets, the more room he takes up.
[notify]
CALLIE

Callie - Where's the- Squirrel?????

Barked: Mon Sep 17, '07 12:35pm PST 
I've never jumped up on the couch or bed........I love my bed!!!!laugh out loud
[notify]
PNP's Nina

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '07 7:39am PST 
Mine don't get up on the couch, they are not allowed!
(hey - what are those paw marks doing there!!!)

It took a few years for my female to get up, but now if I turn my back she's there.
[notify]
Power

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '07 3:11am PST 
I don't get on the couch or bed either, but my sister does. I prefer my own bed on the floor.
[notify]
*~*Abby*~*- (RIP- 2004-2012)

Stunning

Barked: Sun Sep 23, '07 5:10am PST 
I have never shown an interest in furniture. My sister, Apple has tried to get on the bed once. Mommy and Daddy don't allow us on the furniture anyway, so Apple was told to get off right away.

I have seen many pictures of greys on furniture and I do know some thru our rescue group that love couches! dog
[notify]
Gator - RIP GATOR

Handsome Boy

Barked: Mon Sep 24, '07 12:45pm PST 
Ours are not allowed on the furniture. We made that decision before we got Glitter. However, she had different ideas.

We now close the bedroom doors and put plastic rug runners on the furniture when we are not home. She only gets on the furniture when we are not home but won't do it even if we try to get her on the sofa.

Gator has NEVER tried to get on the furniture. He's just happy to get the dog bed he wants before Glitter claims itsmile
[notify]
Alex (grandparent's dog)

Why fight when- you can play?

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '07 8:21pm PST 
Me and my bros don't use the couch. Chet and Shylo don't cause they never really jump cause they never learned to jump cause they raced. I'm happier on my bed. I heard more girls use the couch cause their use to jumping.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3