GO!

Therapy, help?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Thu May 31, '07 7:00am PST 
We are hoping to get Coby tested for his Therapy certification sometime soon.
I have looked into different organizations and I have decided that Therapy Dog International would be in our best interest.
I have contacted a few different people but they do not know of my area and when there will be a test around here.
We live about 45 minutes driving time East of Toronto.

If anyone has any information as to when the testing will be it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I have really only looked at a few Therapy organizations TDI and St. Johns were what I was able to find, and St .Johns did not appeal to us.
Does anyone know of any other organizations in my area that may be a little easier to acess?

And any tips or pointers on the test would be great as well!

Sorry for asking so many questions, but thanks so much!
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Thu May 31, '07 10:57pm PST 
Other organizations which may be available in your area include Therapeutic Paws of Canada (http://www.tpoc.ca/) and Intermountain Therapy Animals (http://www.therapyanimals.org/)
You may also want to check with your local humane societies, sometimes these offer animal-assisted therapy training and certification.
[notify]
Cobain ADC,- SGDC, CGN

More Bored- Collies

Barked: Wed Jun 6, '07 7:01am PST 
Thanks Ginger! We will be sure to check these out! way to go
[notify]

Penny

aka Penny- Perfect!

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '07 6:03pm PST 
Hi - I'm a St. Johns Therapy Dog and I love it!! We were able to choose if we wanted to work with senior's, learning disabled kids or mentally challenged people. We chose seniors and I am so excited when I see mom bring out my bandanna each week because I know I'm doing a very special job. Penny
[notify]
Nexis@- Rainbow- Bridge- 10/4/10

Nexis, Always at- your service

Barked: Fri Jun 8, '07 7:35am PST 
Try deltasociety.org Both me and my dog brother Santee are retired service dogs and we do therapy work at children's hospitals and work with women and children in distress. They are a great organization and they help you with your certification.
applause
[notify]