GO!

Short-haired Golden Retriever

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Toby

Monkey Brains!!

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '07 12:39pm PST 
Has anyone heard of a Short-haired Golden Retriever? A lady came into my grooming salon with her dog and said it was a Short-haired GR and while I did not want to insult her, her dog looked just like a yellow LAB! I have not found a single thing on the internet with a Google search for SHGR. I am wondering if anyone else has heard of this.
[notify]
Fergus (In- Loving- Memory)

Can't wait to- marry C.J.!

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '07 1:32pm PST 
I never heard of one...
[notify]
Dino

I didn't do it,- Dad...honest.

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '07 5:25am PST 
No, never heard of this style of golden. Perhaps it was a mix. Or perhaps their dog was under 2 years of age. Or maybe the dog was a rescue and shaved recently. Who knows? dog
[notify]

nugget

nuggy bug

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '07 8:12am PST 
sorry neither have i like other say it might be a mixed bread .
[notify]
nugget

nuggy bug

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '07 8:15am PST 
sorry neither have i like other say it might be a mixed bread .
[notify]
Toby

Monkey Brains!!

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '07 8:26am PST 
The lady said it's a rare thing and that she got her pup overseas somewhere (I'm in the U.S.). She swore it was a SHGR. Anyway, I haven't found anything either. Thanks for the input.
[notify]
Fergus (In- Loving- Memory)

Can't wait to- marry C.J.!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 3:35pm PST 
hail (inside joke)
[notify]
Becca

Blonde Chick- Alert!

Barked: Thu May 17, '07 10:00pm PST 
no no no no, if her dog is a golden then he just had very very bad breeding in him.......my mommy dosent like it when people say they have short-haired Goldens.

She says it is like saying there are long-haird Boxers!

but what can we do shrug
[notify]
Sugar

I'm not stupid,- I just have bad- habits!

Barked: Fri Aug 7, '09 8:06pm PST 
I actually used to own a short haired GR. I don't think it's a whole other breed, more just genetic traits. Both of my SHGR's parents had shorter hair, and they just passed the trait down to him, making his hair as short as any other short haired breed's may be.
[notify]
Woody

AKA Moose

Barked: Sun Jan 10, '10 2:14pm PST 
Well thank you for sharing that Sugar. I was having my doubts that they exist. I think when it comes down to the bone, I think that its completely genes and breeding. I think a true Golden has long-hair but if it's short hair its not my place to say its not a GR.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2