GO!

MY NEW PUPPY BARKS AT MY HUSBAND! I NEED HELP!

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

LINUS

THE FACE

Barked: Thu Feb 22, '07 7:00pm PST 
WHY DOES MY PUPPY BARK AT MY HUSBAND? HE HAS NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET CLOSE TO LINUS.

Edited by author Thu Feb 22, '07 7:06pm PST

[notify]
Zoey

Better than I- was

Barked: Thu Feb 22, '07 7:11pm PST 
There could be so many reasons for that. How much "Linus" stuff does your husband do? As in walks, feeding, playing, etc.If the dog feels you are the one that needs protecting... The more my She did for me, the more I look for her to do it, if that makes sense.
[notify]
Hailey

Sweet as- chocolate

Barked: Thu Feb 22, '07 7:41pm PST 
Try having your pack (all of your family and other dogs) walk before your dog eats. this is pack bonding time. Make sure your husband eats before your dog.
[notify]

ARCH Demon RL1, RL2, RL3, RLV

Intimidation- seldom- facilitates- learning

Barked: Fri Feb 23, '07 5:06am PST 
Try having your husband do this:

Say the dogs name. At the same time, he should put a high value trat in the dogs mouth. Everytime he says the name, use a different tone (angry, sad, happy loud ect). Repeat, repeat, repeat.

My husband is the one the dogs worship. I'm the one who has to work at it. I think it is the poptarts he feeds them. dancing

Actually, he is the one who s home all day while I am at work. who is home more, your or your husband?
[notify]