Did you loose your leg early in life, or later?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Blunt

I'm a big tough- (mama's boy)- Dog!

Barked: Tue Feb 6, '07 4:10pm PST 
I lost my leg when I was 10 human years old. It was kind of a hard transition for me. I still fall over when I get ahead of myself (because my favorite thing to do is RUN RUN RUN!) snoopy and sometimes I take a face-plant on the slippery floor, but my missing leg bothers my mom more than it bothers me. I'm like, "Whatever,.. Are you gonna eat the rest of that?"
Daisy (In- Loving- Memory)

Sniff- the good- Sniff

Barked: Tue Feb 6, '07 4:48pm PST 
well i lost mine as best as iknow wheni was about 3 years old. I lived on a farm with my first owner and i was outside all the time and being a Lab I liked to run and sniff stuff out. and the farmer had set traps out and I got caught in a trap and it mangled my leg , so they took it off. The farmer really didn't care to much for me , his wife bought me for the grandkids. and thenwith flies blowing my ears the next trip to the vet he signed me over to them, guess that was good or I probaly would have got caught in another trap.
Little Ween

nGaaaaaaaa!

Barked: Tue Feb 6, '07 11:59pm PST 
I lost my leg when I was 5 days old. Well, it was partly torn off at 3 days and the Dr. tried to stitch it back on but it turned black. My Mom had them remove it along with my scapula. I don't remember ever having a leg! When I nursed I could only knead with one leg and I had to fight for space (but my human Mom helped!). This tough start made me the strong cat I am today. I fall on my face sometimes when I jump down off of things and I occasionally have a scab on my chin but I do pretty well. No broken teeth yet! All our cat trees are "handicat accessible." Life's pretty good and I have 3 cardboard boxes in the kitchen which are MINE and I don't share. Kitchen: best place to beg for food!!

Gizmo the- Great!- (Therapy- Dog)

Ambassador for- better than- perfect dogs!

Barked: Tue Feb 20, '07 10:11am PST 
Omydogness, this is an interesting topic.

I wuz borned this way. God made me kinda special. Unique. One of a kind. But I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for some special angels in my life.

Wags and wiggles,

ThE MiGhTy GiZz
Rufus

Let me just get- my bottom up- here...

Barked: Thu Feb 22, '07 2:42pm PST 
I was born with a withered rear left leg and when I was very little the humane society took me in and amputated the leg and my hip. My mom thinks I was only a few weeks old, though the Humane Society said I was 6 weeks old. I was only 3 pounds at the time, and now that I'm 73, I don't even realize that it's gone!
Lalla 20.07.2003 - 02.06.2008

Carpe Diem

Barked: Wed Feb 28, '07 1:36am PST 
I lost my leg when I was 3 yrs old - just about six months ago - to osteosracoma. It has not been an easy ride, but I am very stubborn and try to do everything I did beforehand. I love my life, my humans and the beach. Love is the greatest motivator for any situation. The only real difficulty I have is climbing up the stairs, so I try not to do that too often. I'm not too crazy about other dogs jumping on me, but then I just show them who's boss. Love y'all. wave
Winry

who needs 4 legs- when 3 do just- fine

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '07 4:32pm PST 
I lost my leg when I was 7 months old. I was born with a joint defect and couldn't bend my knee properly. I would just drag my right hind leg around. The surgeon couldn't fix it and thought that I would be happier without that dumb leg. He was right! I don't miss it at all and can still run faster than any of my three siblings. Zoom!
Artie

Where's my Boney

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '07 4:49am PST 
I lost my leg when I was 5 ( 2 years ago) . I was found at the side of the interstate and saved by an angel. I was taken to the vet while my angel looked for an owner. No body wanted me and they gave me to the Humane society and they were going to put me down. So my angel rehab mom went back and got me and had me all fixed up. She spent lots of money and time on me then gave me to my forever mom. Now I run like the wind and take the steps 2 at a time. I have problems sometimes on ice and when I try to lift my leg ( I'm a boy) . I don't mind squatting but when the shepard next door comes over I like to try and lift my leg just for show!!!! Bol
Artie

Where's my Boney

I lost my leg when I was 5 ( 2 years ago) . I was found at the side of the interstate and saved by an angel. I was taken to the vet while my angel looked for an owner. No body wanted me and they gave me to the Humane society and they were going to put me down. So my angel rehab mom went back and got me and had me all fixed up. She spent lots of money and time on me then gave me to my forever mom. Now I run like the wind and take the steps 2 at a time. I have problems sometimes on ice and when I try to lift my leg ( I'm a boy) . I don't mind squatting but when the shepard next door comes over I like to try and lift my leg just for show!!!! Bol
Artie

Where's my Boney

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2