GO!

The vet slapped my dog!

This forum is for dog lovers seeking everyday advice and suggestions on health-related issues. Remember, however, that advice on a public forum simply can't be a substitute for proper medical attention. Only your vet can say assuredly what is best for your dog.

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  
Loki - Goodbye My- Handsome Boy

I know I'm big,- but can I sit in- yr lap?

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:16pm PST 
The vet slapped my dog! He slapped poor Loki. He was trimming Loki's nails- and doing a poor job of it I might add, and Loki made a growl and turned his head to the vet and the vet slapped him really hard on the head. I was really ticked off because when the dogs made a growl or wrong motion we are able to stop it just as effectively without resorting to hitting. A stern 'shhh' to get his attention. If the vet were so worried he should have stopped and put a muzzle on him. And they don't have a proper scale at this office. I don't see myself going back to them. I was going to them out of convienence being just down the street, but it would be worth it to try some one else next time. What do you all think?
[notify]
Callie NPC,- DBE, STCH,- LP1, CR

100% pure Love- Sponge Attention- Hound!

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:18pm PST 
ABSOLUTELY try someone else. That is..."inexcusable" is the kindest word I can think of at the moment.
[notify]
Fudge

How can I be- this cute?

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:22pm PST 
Ack! I totally agree--you should find another vet. There is definitely no excuse for a vet slapping a dog. You do have the option of reporting him to your local veterinary board, if you want to.
[notify]

Nate

he's our angel- :)

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:25pm PST 
he sounds like a total a$$!!! too bad you couldn't slap him back on behalf of lokithinking
[notify]
Storm

Silent Observer

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:25pm PST 
That vet's gonna get his hand bitten someday.
[notify]
Pippin CGC

King- Dingleberry!

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:30pm PST 
K...I (no b.s,) would have slapped the vet back...in a fiercness!!!,,PLEASE find a new vet ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
Pancho- Lopez-In- Memoriam

i must break you

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:41pm PST 
what a horrendous abuser!!! RUN AWAY from that vet asap!!!
[notify]
blossom

happy...happy

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:55pm PST 
wave i'd say goodbye to that vet too. i think i would write a letter to the vet explaining why you left. i'm sure they don't teach THAT in vet school. it was just a nail trim...this isn't some emergency where the guy couldn't step back and come up with a new plan. so sorry that happened to you...ask around to friends who have pets and make sure you find one that is recommended by several people. good luck. paws..blossom
[notify]
♥Trix- ie- Beaglesworth- RI

I am NOT a goofy- goober!

Barked: Tue Jan 23, '07 11:56pm PST 
How horrible. He should have known better then to slap a dog. shock
[notify]
Mikhail (at- Rainbow- Bridge)

Have puddle,- will splash

Barked: Wed Jan 24, '07 1:54am PST 
that vet needs to be told off REALLY bad
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)