GO!

HOT SPOTS..won't stop itching..Help

This is a place to gain some understanding of dog behavior and to assist people in training their dogs and dealing with common behavior problems, regardless of the method(s) used. This can cover the spectrum from non-aversive to traditional methods of dog training. There are many ways to train a dog. Please avoid aggressive responses, and counter ideas and opinions with which you don't agree with friendly and helpful advice. Please refrain from submitting posts that promote off-topic discussions. Keep in mind that you may be receiving advice from other dog owners and lovers... not professionals. If you have a major problem, always seek the advice of a trainer or behaviorist!

Dylan

Lets Dig A BIG- Hole!

Barked: Fri Jan 19, '07 1:39pm PST 
Hi my poor little Bichon has two or three really bad hot spots that she will not stop chewing at! Does anyone have any advice on how to relieve her?confused

Edited by author Mon Jan 28, '13 2:35pm PST

[notify]
Elsie Mae- Ray

Cherry Angel and- Elsie NUN- furever pals

Barked: Fri Jan 19, '07 3:51pm PST 
Has the vet seen her? I knowthere are some over the counter things but i would probably get it looked ta first.
[notify]
Coco Mabry

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 9:24am PST 
My Bichon has hot spots too. So far the vet has tested for many different things but has not found the source of the problem. I am looking for a solution at this point instead of the cause. Were you able to find something that worked?

We have tried numerous limited ingredient over-the-counter and vet-only types of limited ingredient dog foods. Some have helped but we have not found anything that has made a big enough difference to stop taking the prescribed medications. I have heard holistic food may help, so we are going to try that next.

How is everything now with your Bichon. What worked and what did not work? Any help would be very much appreciated.
[notify]

Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 10:54am PST 
OP, you should move this thread to the Health Forum. I'm sure you will get lots more help there. smile
[notify]
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 1:30pm PST 
The last time Noah had a hot spot I tried a home remedy that worked pretty well. I took a green tea bag, got it wet and pressed it up against the hot spot. I then wrapped an Ace bandage around Noah's leg for about 15-20 minutes. I did that a couple times over the course of a couple days and it really seemed to help clear it up and relieve the itching.

Edited by author Sat Jan 26, '13 1:31pm PST

[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 1:48pm PST 
This post is from 2007!!!
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 2:15pm PST 
Zombies in January? What the feline?
[notify]