GO!

Allergy results...help mommy find a safe food

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Fri Jan 12, '07 4:38pm PST 
My allergy results are in. My food allergies are: Poultry (chicken and turkey), soybean, wheat, lamb, rice, oat, brewers yeast, and green pea. The doctor gave mommy Science Diet Duck and Potato (apparently ducks are not poultry) for me. She got it to make sure I had something safe to eat, but mommy is not a big fan of science diet and ri not wike rit anyway. She saw some Van Patten's Natural Balance dat had some duck and potato and fish and sweet potato. Is that a safe yummy food? Is there another kind that is safe for me and good? What about treats?shrug
[notify]
♥Lord- Pippin&heart- s;

I RULE! I OWN! I- POSSESS!!!

Barked: Fri Jan 12, '07 4:48pm PST 
That is what i eat. Natural Balance .... allergy formula! I don't necessarily have all the allergies that you have, but the 'cheaper' low end foods are filled with all of that awful stuff. This is a high end food....I'm itching less...... and just comfortable with it. She adds a dab of eukanuba moist food .... but Natural Balance is really a good food. And BOOOOO to science diet.. No different than the others ...and vets ALL GET a kickback from the science diet people. THAT IS A FACT. TRUST ME!!! My breeder told me that all of her dogs hated science diet and i agree with your mom!!!! Its a 'low' end food. Natural Balance is more pure/holistic, and doesn't have all that junk in it. My vet told me that junk food for dogs is like a steady diet of Burger King or MacDonalds.

in short , Natural Balance is excellent. Its not so much the poultry, its what they ADD TO THE POULTRY!!! Hope this helped laugh out loud

snoopy
[notify]
♥Lenn- on♥

How could you- not LOVE this- face???

Barked: Fri Jan 12, '07 4:51pm PST 
With so many allergies you may want to try a fish based food Fish and sweet potato is always yummy or maybe even something like Innova RM which is all meat based.

Good luck!!
[notify]

Coco Bean

Tough Bean to- crack...

Barked: Fri Jan 12, '07 4:58pm PST 
Unfortunately, Innova EVO RM has lamb meal in it. As far as I could tell, Natural Balance looked most promising. You already have one recommendation! We are eating Innova EVO RM and we love it, but mommy doesn't think we have allergies to lamb like you do. I'm sure there will be more dogsters on soon that can help!
[notify]
Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Fri Jan 12, '07 4:59pm PST 
Lord Pippin, I tried the science diet mommy got me and asked for the old kind of cereal....I don't like it. She only got it because she didn't know what she would find at the puppy store when she went to find me treats. I ate it only because mommy said she would if I didn't. The doctor did blood tests and it came back as positive for poultry, so doesn't that mean it's the poultry? I have a bunch more non-food allergy toos (see post in doggy health) and I have to go on shots.
[notify]
Chloe

The Bone- Collector --- Little Miss- Chloe

Barked: Fri Jan 12, '07 4:59pm PST 
Oh, mom was just reading about the duck jerky at Costco! Maybe that would be a nice treat! Natural Balance also has Duck and Potato Treats! Good luck!
[notify]
Coco Bean

Tough Bean to- crack...

Barked: Fri Jan 12, '07 5:02pm PST 
Fish is not bad for dogs. The fat in it is quite healthy and will make your coat nice and shiny! Mommy read there is a NEW Fish and Potato Formula at Natural Balance.
[notify]
Gus

He's just a boy!

Barked: Fri Jan 12, '07 5:26pm PST 
I heartily agree with the fish and potato! My mom has quite a few clients with little dogs who suffer from itching and hot spots, etc., and when they switched to the fish and potato (in this case it was Wellness, but any of the higher end brands will be great) it cleared right up. Good Luck!
[notify]
♥Lord- Pippin&heart- s;

Barked: Fri Jan 12, '07 5:37pm PST 
Sweety that's right... many dogs i have learned are eating sweet potatoes and fish ( allergy formula/Natural Balance)! Petco carries it. Also, its not so much the 'name' of the chicken, or whatever the allergies are, its the fillers, the ash, the 'stuff' that they 'use' in the lower end foods!! Trust me on this. Mommy and her daughter ( an MD with 12 dogs) has researched this far and wide. You are getting a purer food... no chemicals, no duck beaks, no 'fillers and ash' ... no junk. THAT is what causes the allergies!!! Dogs who live on the street are carnivorous but will go for the "REAL STUFF' for the most part, depending where they live......TELL MOM to always look at the byproducts...!!! You will note the fillers etc.... as soon as i think of the other name of the stuff my daughter uses for her dogs, plus supplements, ITS SO PURE..that is what you want!!!! Again, not the fillers or byproducts......! AHHH ..Timberwolf! That's about as pure as you can get. OR the home cooking!!!
Timberwolf is based on a pure diet of the wolves.... they deliver it to your house... its a few dollars more , delivery free, but well worth it. Go to their site and ask for a free sample......!!! Many health food stores have it in stock/ or the Natural Balance.

Be safe sweetie....... !......

LP/Japplause
[notify]
♥Lord- Pippin&heart- s;

Barked: Fri Jan 12, '07 5:49pm PST 
As for the shots, try the other food first......frankly, many dogs with the severest of allgeries are home cooked ( the food that is, ha) ... sweet potatoes and trout!!! Its the purest of pure!! )))

I also put ( Ark Naturals makes it) the little chips with MSM/Glucosamine/ etc......for stronger hips. better to be proactive.....!cheer

Chow for now......!:
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7