GO!

Emergency

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Elliot

I am larger than- life, no really- I AM

Barked: Thu Aug 31, '06 3:49pm PST 
am so pissed! Sorry if I am not allowed to say this but I am so pissed! A, now former, friend of mine adopted a dog from a local shelter in december. Well, yesterday they returned her. For no reason whatsoever! It is the shelter with teh highest kill rate in MD,VA, D.C. area and they give owner give ups three days until they put them down. She's pretty much a dead dog.
I can't belive they are doing this, I just don't get it. She's even on dogster:
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=249237&j=t
She's a lot bigger now, there is link to a video of her an elliot playing on Elliot's page.
She is a boxer-shepherd mix with no training, I don't know who to contact to take her since no breed rescue will take her. We can't take her because we are not allowed to have another dog.
And the pic of her on the shelters website is bad,too.
http://www.co.pg.md.us/Government/AgencyIndex/DER/AMD/inde x.asp
I am just soo mad, I don't know what to do.
Just imagining her in the shelter all by herself not knowing what is going on, that person better not dare to speak to me again.
[notify]
Lily

support your- local shelter!

Barked: Thu Aug 31, '06 5:47pm PST 
That is horrible! You must be so frustrated......I'm mad too! I just don't get people, I really don't. Esp being that they adopted him from the shelter in the first place - you'd think they'd have a little more sense and heart. I'm praying for a miracle for this dog.
[notify]
Rusty

Can't we all- just play a- little longer?

Barked: Thu Aug 31, '06 7:15pm PST 
Would it be possible for you to adopt her and then allow another no-kill shelter to take her in?
[notify]

Grandpa Ren

I AM the true- survivor!

Barked: Thu Aug 31, '06 8:16pm PST 
Oh my Dog! If they just had to get rid of her (we can't understand why) why on Earth did they not take her to a no-kill shelter, or take the time to find her a good home???? Animals are not inanimate objects to be "thrown away" when the owner gets tired of them! This is disgusting, and makes us think of their other dog! What about it?

We are praying for her!

Ren, Annabelle, & Rex

Edited by author Thu Aug 31, '06 8:17pm PST

[notify]
the N'walins- Gang

Die Cancer Die! - Cysts be Gone!

Barked: Thu Aug 31, '06 8:22pm PST 
Elliot, check your pmail.

Edited by author Thu Aug 31, '06 10:40pm PST

[notify]
Taco

I LOVE water!!!

Barked: Fri Sep 1, '06 9:44am PST 
how awfull... I just look at the shelter site and found that there is a lot. I was close to cry just with the thought that all of them are on their death row... How sad...
[notify]
Brady

Nothing Wrong- with a Spotted- Tongue!

Barked: Fri Sep 1, '06 12:30pm PST 
There are many "non breed" rescue organizations. I volunteer at one called (www.gdrne.com) where they rescue dogs from high kill shelters with policies like this if they think the dog is good natured and has potential for adoption and they bring them up to new england foster homes to be loved until they find a forever home. You can try contacting them to see if they have anyone local who can help or know of any local organizations like them... Good luck.
[notify]
Brady

Nothing Wrong- with a Spotted- Tongue!

Barked: Fri Sep 1, '06 12:30pm PST 
There are many "non breed" rescue organizations. I volunteer at one called (www.gdrne.com) where they rescue dogs from high kill shelters with policies like this if they think the dog is good natured and has potential for adoption and they bring them up to new england foster homes to be loved until they find a forever home. You can try contacting them to see if they have anyone local who can help or know of any local organizations like them... Good luck.
[notify]
Sammy- ♥ - KABX

Got Balls?

Barked: Fri Sep 1, '06 12:35pm PST 
How awful! And it says on her page that "her and Jenny are best friends". Why would you take away your dogs best friend and playmate?? this makes me so mad. You should do more then just not talk to her, you should reprimand her. What a horrible person. Poor pooch, she is soooooooo cute too. I hope she finds a home quickly!

Edited by author Fri Sep 1, '06 1:01pm PST

[notify]
Iggy

Kiss me...I'm- making up for- lost time!

Barked: Fri Sep 1, '06 12:38pm PST 
OMD...she's such a beautiful little girl! Has she been adopted? When I went to the website that you listed, I couldn't find her. Am I looking in the wrong place? Keeping my paws crossed that she's adopted by her forever family!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2