GO!

Introducing Grizwold aka 'The Griz', our newest addition!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Grizwold

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 2:28pm PST 
Hi all! My family and I are first time Pom owners to Grizwold, an 8 week old Pomeranian. We are very excited awaiting his final visit to stay in his forever home (In about 10 days!)

In the meantime, I'd appreciate any tips and advice on Poms you'd like to share, or anything else.

Also, one question we've been trying to figure out the past few days is his colour. While it's still a bit early to tell, the breeders said he is very different to the one's they have, and is just as curious to find out what his appearance will be. This Pomeranian sub forum seems like the perfect place that would know the answer, so, any suggestions on what our colour our little guy is?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by author Mon Apr 29, '13 2:30pm PST

[notify]
Coco

My heroine is- Coco Chanel. - She gets it.

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 3:52pm PST 
Oh my goodness, how cute!! I am not a Pom professional since we only have our Coco, and she is just a year, but to me, I would think Grizwold looks like a Wolf Sable. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, which in all likelihood I am, but in Googling pictures, that's what he looks like to me. That is actually my very favorite color Pom!

My advice would be to start training early but be consistent. It took Coco about 45 seconds to learn to sit, lay down, crawl, etc., but after she learned it, we kind of stopped training her to do it, and she isn't as well trained now as she was as a pup! I would also get him accustomed to being groomed as early as possible because you will need to comb him out often to keep him from getting matted, etc. We taught Coco "Sit still" and "bow" to get her to be still while we put a bow on her, and she actually likes being brushed out now.

Good luck and keep those pictures coming!
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Wed May 1, '13 3:14pm PST 
Griz is gorgeous!!!! I love his coloring! I would say wolf sable too. Unless he has some cream on him he could be a cream sable. Poms can completely change their color over the course of their first year.
Train him to go outside to potty. Do not train on pee pads. Frequent trips outside and lots of praise when he does his duty.

I just want to steal him. I want my next pom to be a wolf sable.cloud 9
[notify]

Grizwold

Barked: Sun May 12, '13 9:21pm PST 
Thanks for the replies, all!

Sorry for the late response, Griz is settling in--he arrived to be with us on the 7th. He is a complete sweetheart and at times, a little devil! He has quite the personality, and he keeps us busy and brings even more joy into our lives.

Here are some pictures we've captured since he's been here!

a id="img4663018447" href="http://i43.tinypic.com/149uzcl.jpgonmouseover="var el = $j('#img4663018447');var c=String.fromCharCode;var q=c(34);var 1=c(60);var r=c(62);var a=c(39);var p=c(43); el[0].onmouseover = null; var n=$j(document.createElement('div')); n.insertBefore(el); n.html(''.concat(1, 'img src=', a, 'http://i39.tinypic.com/2nk5snn.jpg', a, ' /', r, 1, 'BR /', r));">4

Edited by author Sun May 12, '13 9:37pm PST

[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Tue May 14, '13 9:04pm PST 
eek I don't know what the heck happened there!big laughbig laughbig laugh

What an adorable boy! I just want to snuggle with him!cloud 9cloud 9cloud 9
Love his little expressive face.

He's gonna be sable but I'm not sure it will be wolf. My understanding is they are grey and black. The change so much during the first year it will be very exciting to see what color he ends up.

Congratulations again and it must be super exciting having your puppy home.
[notify]