GO!

Pomeranian haircuts...how short is too short?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 8:29am PST 
I've just adopted an adult pom. I want to get him trimmed for sanitary purposes (at least). However, I was also thinking about getting him trimmed all-around for neatness.

I understand that shaving a pom or clipping the hair too short is a definite no-no. But how short is too short?

I found a picture of a haircut that I like...HERE. (scroll down for the final result). Is that too short? Will it damage his coat?
[notify]
Wicket

Did you say go?- I'm in!

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '12 6:27pm PST 
Wicket has had his coat cut like that twice & will get it again for our vacation in March. His coat now is very thick & full. His last haircut was in July & has now grown out. I don't let the groomer shave him anymore than necessary. The groomer in the link is correct.

My vet also told me if Wicket was cut that short he would need a sweater in the cold weather.
[notify]