GO!

Reputable Pom Breeders

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Pidgeon

You can call me- Poof

Barked: Tue May 15, '12 6:56pm PST 
I've been searching in the specific state of Tennessee and every time I do a search, I come up with a lot of..not so good stuff. Some of it you can tell are from pet owners who didn't know what they were doing, people claiming 'teacups' and I do NOT want to buy from someone like that. A lot of it is just ads and junk. Is there a way I can do a more thorough, more successful search? A website? The breeder I bought Pidgeon off of doesnt show up in any of these searches, so I wonder how many others I've missed? I use the specific search words such as 'tn, tennessee, pom, pomeranian, and breeder' which are some of the words I found on her website, but if her page doesnt show up, I'm not sure how to get better results! Any sorts of help would be awesome! Thank you.
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Wed May 16, '12 12:57pm PST 
When I'm doing a breed search, I always start with the national breed club because they usually have a breeder referral list- American Pomeranian Club breeder referral list
These breeders are supposed to adhere to a certain set of breeder ethics, although I will warn you even the national breed club is not foolproof and you should still research the heck out of the breeders they have listed. However, generally it is made up of breeders that are considered reputable which is why it is a good place to start. Hope this helps!

Edited by author Wed May 16, '12 12:58pm PST

[notify]
Wicket

Did you say go?- I'm in!

Barked: Fri May 18, '12 3:35pm PST 
There is a Pom group in Yahoo Groups. Most of the members are show breeders, they breed only a few times a year & raise quality. The people on the group are scattered across the country. They could tell you of reputable breeders in Tenn.
[notify]

Pidgeon

You can call me- Poof

Barked: Sat May 19, '12 7:20pm PST 
Thank you both! I'll keep looking, and check out everything. Wish these things were easier to look for =/
[notify]
Rambo

Barked: Thu Apr 4, '13 6:32pm PST 
If you ate still interested in getting another Pom, try Anne's Pomeranians in Indiana. That's where I bought my Rambo. i know she is expecting two litters this week. If you do, tell her tippy says Hi!
[notify]