Postings by Lexi

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Dog Health > skin problems
Lexi

Frisbee anyone?

Barked: Sun Jun 14, '09 1:21pm PST 
Garlic contains thiosulphate, which is a toxin to dogs. Some dogs are more susceptible than others, and usually just a bit on rare occasion shouldn't cause any harm. But feeding a dog anything with garlic on a regular basis isn't a very good idea.

Fish oil and flax seed is a better option for skin and coat. As for the itching - may want to check in with your vet ad he/she can be a bit more hands on than we can. I know that my dog had problems with grass and was prescribed a topical spray steroid (which we didn't use because she wasn't itching.)
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 14 8:01 pm

Dog Health > Toxic Foods
Lexi

Frisbee anyone?

Barked: Sun Jun 14, '09 12:54am PST 
Also, stay away from baby food - seems like most of it contains onion powder :/
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dodger, Jun 15 9:42 am

Dog Health > Help....should I feed Odus today?

Lexi

Frisbee anyone?

Barked: Fri Jun 12, '09 9:14am PST 
Yep, maybe even grab a fecal sample for the vet and call to get an appointment scheduled asap.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sassy, Jun 12 11:34 am

Dog Health > Summer and hot cars

Lexi

Frisbee anyone?

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 10:51pm PST 
Not only can it get hot but it can get cold!
Insulation does crazy things. Keep your dogs out of your car (alone, of course) period - if you're going to be going somewhere that doesn't allow dogs... DON'T BRING THEM.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Nallah, Jun 12 4:33 pm

Dog Health > Colitis

Lexi

Frisbee anyone?

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 10:07am PST 
You should check the package to see what the recommended schedule is (most are once a day, i believe). Also, i looked up a little bit on Colitis and some various treatments/supplements. Take a look at this article in the Managing section.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Miss Priss, Jun 14 1:21 pm

Dog Health > Fatty lumps
Lexi

Frisbee anyone?

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 10:01am PST 
Take a look here, this should fill you in on some things regarding the bumps:

http://www.web-dvm.net/lipoma.html
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by In Loving Memory of BOOMER, Jun 10 5:55 pm

Dog Health > can you feel your dog's lymph nodes?

Lexi

Frisbee anyone?

Barked: Tue Jun 9, '09 9:41pm PST 
Yes, you can feel a dog's lymph nodes. I know there are some in the neck and i believe there are some in the groin area (not 100% sure).
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Layla, Jun 10 3:57 am

Dog Health > ...And parvo was her name-O

Lexi

Frisbee anyone?

Barked: Tue Jun 9, '09 9:38pm PST 
I am very sorry to hear that cry
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Coquito, Jun 15 2:27 pm

Dog Health > ACL tear

Lexi

Frisbee anyone?

Barked: Tue Jun 9, '09 4:17pm PST 
Any treatment for an ACL tear is going to somewhat costly. You can do without a holistic vet but i would get her on some supplements and a very balanced, organic diet as soon as possible to prevent atrophy of the joints and muscles.
[notify]
» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by ✝ Angel Tosha ✝, Sep 13 9:29 pm

Dog Health > Bike Accident
Lexi

Frisbee anyone?

Barked: Tue Jun 9, '09 4:10pm PST 
I keep my Aussie (Lexi) off leash all the time, we have been very strict with her and she stays directly at our side and listens without hesitation.

Accidents do happen, you live, you learn. I wouldn't place Rex on a leash, i would train him to be very responsive to a certain call. My girlfriend has horses and goes to many horse shows so we have a similar call with Lexi to ensure she doesn't get stepped on. (Shes still young and isn't completely aware).

Is Rex still yelping?
having a hard time breathing?
limping?
Not eating?

If not, wait till your regular appointment and tell the vet. He may be a bit bruised or even have cracked/broken ribs (which would cause breathing abnormalities)
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Nikki, Jun 11 11:24 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.