Postings by Allie - RIP

GO!

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > RIP Allison
Allie - RIP

Mom thinks I'm- just BEAUTIFUL - am I?

Barked: Sun Oct 3, '10 11:03am PST 
Joey, Howard and I thank all of you from the bottom of our hearts. Allison thanks you too, and says she's enjoying her off-leash, all-over-the-place, long-as-she wants romps near the bridge.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Allie - RIP , Oct 3 11:03 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > RIP Allison
Allie - RIP

Barked: Thu Sep 30, '10 4:36pm PST 
We lost Allie suddenly on Wed. She was fine Tuesday but when I came downstairs Wed. morning, I found her still downstairs, which is unusual. She vomited, went outside, and then refused food and water. I had been giving her some new food the day before, so I wasn't too worried at first. As the morning progressed, she got lethargic, and I started worrying that I had poisoned her. I had some bleach on the deck, and when I moved the grill, I creased the container without realizing it. Some of the bleach leaked out, and it was there for a couple days before I discovered it. When Allie started getting more lethargic, my husband and I carried her to the car and we went to the E-vet. She died on the way there (20 minute drive) after letting out a blood-curdling scream. I took her paw and told her to hold on, but when we got to the clinic, she was gone. It turns out she had cancer in her spleen and liver, and a tumor erupted and caused internal bleeding. I didn't know it, but shepherds are predisposed to hemangio sarcoma, which is what the vet thought was likely she had. It is a quick killer.

She was 10 1/2, and we had had her since she was 9 months old. Her little brother Joey keeps looking for her, and I keep crying. My husband is hurting too, as he absolutely adored Allie and she adored him.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Allie - RIP , Oct 3 11:03 am

Food & Nutrition > Vet techs, do you have a hard time with this?

Allie - RIP

Barked: Thu Jul 29, '10 6:40am PST 
It's kind of the same for petsitters, too. Our clients care about their dogs, so I don't see yeast, mange etc., but the food I see or have to feed makes me cringe sometimes. One dog has very, very loose poop every day. I think it's probably because of all the snacks the dog eats instead of real food.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Stormy, Aug 1 7:45 pm

Food & Nutrition > Have You seen This...?

Allie - RIP

Barked: Sat Jul 10, '10 7:45am PST 
That's interesting, and a good thing! I didn't have time to look at ingredients, protein levels, etc., but I assume they're figuring out that a lot of people are getting more dog food savvy!

What kills me, though, is the "breed specific" lines they offer - I really can't believe that a spaniel should eat differently than a dachshund, for example! I know Royal Canin does that, and I always shake my head when I see their breed specific brands!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bella, Jul 10 5:11 pm

Dog Health > Update on Kaya

Allie - RIP

Barked: Thu Jul 8, '10 8:31am PST 
I haven't followed Kaya's story completely, but just wanted to pop in here and say that she's a very beautiful girl. We used to have a red husky - such a handsome (and wonderful) boy he was! Glad to hear Kaya's doing better! My husky mix Allie says to tell her "aroo!!"
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Leah, CGC, Aug 2 10:03 am

Food & Nutrition > How to Properly Feed Kibble?
Allie - RIP

Barked: Thu Jul 8, '10 8:26am PST 
Oh my, you really had a heavy finger there, but it's ok! I feed both dogs in different rooms, but will try feeding one first, then waiting ten minutes before I feed the other. I'll try some "easy" training, too, but somehow I think it will take a LOT of training.....
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Allie - RIP , Jul 8 8:26 am

Food & Nutrition > How to Properly Feed Kibble?

Allie - RIP

Barked: Wed Jul 7, '10 7:21pm PST 
I mix kibble with warm water and Nupro for Allie. Even if I didn't, she'd drink water after she ate, so I can't imagine it makes that much difference one way or the other. I could be wrong, however!

I'm just curious: My other dog is a serious gulper. Is it possible to train him to eat slower? Should I feed him before or after I feed Allie? I have a bowl with a hump in the middle, but it only slows him down a tiny bit. I suspect the "feed on a plate" wouldn't help much...he'd still get it down as fast as he could, I'm afraid.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Allie - RIP , Jul 8 8:26 am

Raw Food Diet > boxer newly on raw diet, lost weight, too skinny?

Allie - RIP

Barked: Sat Jul 3, '10 12:53pm PST 
He looks great!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by George Sullivan Bailey, Jul 3 4:18 pm

Food & Nutrition > Allergies? looking for recommendations

Allie - RIP

Barked: Fri Jun 18, '10 6:37pm PST 
I would probably suggest TOTW also, assuming the Eukanuba is not fish based. TOTW is not that expensive, and is not terribly hard to find in most parts of North America.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Brodie Bear, Jun 18 6:55 pm

Food & Nutrition > You know you've become kibble-concious when...
Allie - RIP

Barked: Fri Jun 4, '10 4:41pm PST 
I'm a petsitter, and it really hurts me to see what some people are feeding their dogs. I've only recommended (very gently) that a client try something else a couple times, but so far nobody seems to care. One client did, and switched her bassets to Blue Buf from Pedigree, but then one of the bassets threw up once or twice and had loose stool once or twice so she went back to the Pedigree. Of course, the basset was having these problems before, and still is, but I don't think that really clicked in her mind. I mentioned nicely that perhaps the dog was allergic to chicken, and/or had something else going on, and/or might do well on another food, of which there are many, but so far the Pedigree is still there. What's sad is that I doubt she'll get more Blue for the other basset when the bag runs out, so both dogs will be back to eating Pedigree.

For the other client (feeds Purina OM and Science Diet), I'm not really sure if she's planning to change or not, but probably not. She seems a little stubborn. Oh well, what can you do?

At least my neighbor is buying good food as a result of my discussions with her. Another neighbor feeds the dreaded Kibbles n Bits (I didn't even realize it was still out there!) but I haven't made my pitch to her yet! The dog hates it. and only grazes on it when she gets really, really hungry! Sad!
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Tyson Savage CGC, Jun 15 3:04 pm

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.