Postings by Lady (1999-2013)

GO!

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

Food & Nutrition > Help choosing brand of kibble
Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Tue Aug 6, '13 10:15am PST 
First of all, I am not knowledgeable about Atypical Addison's Disease, but I would want to get all the information I can regarding diet for a dog with this condition before switching foods. I personally don't feed anything made by Diamond, period. That includes the previously mentioned foods. I would make sure to know the dietary needs of a dog with Atypical Addison's Disease and then research foods to see which ones are appropriate for this condition. Then, I would choose based on company first, then ingredients, and lastly price. I cannot advise you on which foods are appropriate and will not tell you to feed this or that because it is something I like. You need to be sure to do what is best for your dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lady (1999-2013), Aug 6 10:15 am

Food & Nutrition > Suggestions of new food?!
Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 10:09am PST 
Horizon Legacy is a very good food too. The only problem is that you might have to order it online from places like petflow.com. I get it locally, but Horizon is a small company and there are not a lot of places that sell it.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Hank, Jun 28 1:32 pm

Food & Nutrition > grain free/potato free food?

Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Thu Jun 13, '13 10:06am PST 
Take a look at Horizon Legacy. It is grain free and potato free. It is made by a small Canadian company and it is a very good food. We use it in our rotation and like it a lot.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Jun 20 7:04 pm

Food & Nutrition > good companies for on line dog food ordering?

Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 9:28am PST 
Another good place to order online is chewy.com. They have great service.
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Lady (1999-2013), Apr 8 9:28 am

Food & Nutrition > Buy Dog food Online

Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Thu Mar 28, '13 10:08am PST 
Some other places to buy online are chewy.com, petflow.com, petbest.com, petcarerx.com, petfood.com, k9cuisine.com, amazon.com.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Apr 17 2:21 pm

Food & Nutrition > 4 Health has a new grain free dog food.
Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 9:52am PST 
4 Health is made by Diamond, just like Taste of the Wild and Costco's Natures Domain. It is basically a little cheaper version of those foods. It seems a LOT of dog foods are using quite a bit of peas these days. I wonder what's next?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jul 11 8:29 pm

Food & Nutrition > Outside dog food

Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 10:25am PST 
For water you could do some sort of a large automatic waterer similar to what you see in a gerbil cage or a hose with a self waterer attachment. I had an attachment like this years ago attached to the outside faucet when we had an outdoor dog. You just leave the water on and they can drink when they want. When they are not drinking the water doesn't come out.

If you are creative you might be able to come up with something for their food too. Or, you could get a small feeder and mount it to a small platform so they can get food when they need it. Most of the food is inside the closed container but some food will always drop into the bowl. Come to think of it you could do this for their water too. You could even make a spot in the fencing for the bowl to go through so you can easily change/refill from outside the kennel.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Dec 25 9:32 pm

Food & Nutrition > Beneful dog food may be killing dogs

Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 9:34am PST 
We're praying for you Dodger!hug
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by , Sep 18 7:08 pm

Food & Nutrition > What do you rotate?

Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 10:17am PST 
We have been eating Horizon foods (Horizon Legacy and Pulsar). It is the food the guys at the store we buy from recommend highly as their first choice. Horizon is also made in Canada by a small company that has its own manufacturing facility and uses locally sourced ingredients. We have also had Fromm and a few others recently. The Fromm Salmon ala Veg gave me the runs though so we switched back to the Fromm Duck and Sweet Potato formula, then we switched to Horizon. We may still rotate in some Fromm down the road. We'll see. When I first started buying food at this store, they kept trying to get me to switch off Taste of the Wild because it is made by Diamond. Shortly after we switched, Diamond's big recall was announced. The guys at the pet food store were not surprised and were glad we had already switched foods.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Lady (1999-2013), Oct 25 10:17 am

Food & Nutrition > What do you rotate?
Lady- (1999-2013)

Barked: Wed Oct 24, '12 9:40am PST 
Some dogs handle changes in diet just fine. Others are more sensitive. We change cold turkey when we rotate too.

The main problem with Taste of the Wild is that it is a Diamond food. Diamond sources ingredients from where ever they can get them cheap, including China. It is a good food on paper (ingredients list and GA), but the quality is no better than any of their other foods. They have had several big recalls too. Diamond is in business to make money.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lady (1999-2013), Oct 25 10:17 am

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.