Postings by Junie

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Dog Laws & Legislation > The PitBull Discussion
Junie

Hats not cats!

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '12 9:09pm PST 
Junie "the pitbull" has been living with our 84 year old grandmother for the past 2 years. Junie is one of the few reasons that my Grandma has to live. My Grandma swore that she would never have a dog again, especially not a pitbull! Well they are in love now! This pitbull is truely a therapy dog and a life saver with all her kisses and snuggles.
[notify]
» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by Mika, Feb 13 8:27 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Pitbull LOVE!
Junie

Hats not cats!

Barked: Sun Jan 22, '12 9:54pm PST 
Long story short....our pittie Juno decided she didn't like our other pets(DA). After much stress and training...she went to stay with our 80 year old grandma, who has fallen in love with her. Grandma tells us "I don't know what I would do without Juno".Juno is a therapy dog to her. They spend all day together. We still provide all the food, walks, and vet care, but I believe Juno is giving grandma a reason to live. It's amazing to see my Grandma in love again!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Keira, Feb 12 11:16 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Are black dogs more smelly?

Junie

Hats not cats!

Barked: Fri Oct 7, '11 8:34pm PST 
Junie, our black pup is the least smelly pup I've ever come across. She can go longer without getting a bath than our other dog, and still smell like a daisy!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 10 8:31 pm

Behavior & Training > So what do you think about this situation?

Junie

Hats not cats!

Barked: Thu May 12, '11 8:39pm PST 
Hi Nicky...we do take over healthy treats for Junie, sometimes grandma just has to give her something else though. I think it's going much better with all my lecturing (I feel bad, but whatever). She has started to get away from the treats and buys more toys...which is great! Also we weigh Junie every time we go over so #1. Grandma see's we're watching and #2. We are watching! We're not mean about it, but she needs to understand that Junie needs to stay healthy.

Maybe we will try the baby carrots!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Junie, May 12 8:39 pm

Junie

Hats not cats!

Barked: Thu May 12, '11 8:26pm PST 
Haha...it's okay Mikey, I thought is was funny. Hazel, we do pre-measure the food for her when we take it over. The problem was that Junie wouldn't eat her food right away so Grandma would put crap on it. We got a good quality soft food for her to mix in with the hard and things are going better. I just need to get her away from those Bacon Strips!

And I think Grandma is happy she gets to see her grandchildren on a regular basis!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Junie, May 12 8:39 pm

Junie

Hats not cats!

Barked: Thu May 12, '11 8:16pm PST 
LOL Mikey...I think I'll start calling her "Junkie". Thanks everyone,I think the situation is good for now. I think my lecturing about food is getting through to my grandma as Junie has not gained any weight lately, just still a few pounds over. We can still continue to take her for her walks, I guess it's worth it. Yes, I am concerned that Junie will outlive my grandma as she is 83 ( a very spry, active 83)but still. I think Junie is giving my grandma a purpose and a happiness that she hasn't had for awhile (my grandma that is). Thanks for your responses!

I also wanted to add that my grandma said she would NEVER watch Juno because she is a pit bull! How times have changed! She talks about her "baby" to anyone who will listen!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Junie, May 12 8:39 pm

Junie

Hats not cats!

Barked: Thu May 12, '11 7:33pm PST 
I've posted here about Junie's dog aggression. We worked with a trainer, but when it came down to it I just didn't feel comfortable about having her or our other dog Otto in the same room, so we started crating and rotating. Anyway...my grandma loves Junie and has had her come to visit for days, then a week...etc. Now Junie has been with my grandma for almost a month. They are both happy as can be and my grandma calls Junie her "baby". The problem is that I know this is not a permanent situation as my Grandma is old. She is still very active and Junie's leash for outside is set up in a way where she is hooked up inside then let out. We still provide food and take Junie for walks regularly, but unfortunately my grandma likes to feed her junk. I've talked to her about this many times,but it drives me crazy! We took Junie to the vet about a month ago and she is 3 lbs overweight, which is not that bad, but I'm just conflicted about the situation. I'm happy that everyone and every dog is happy, but at the same time concerned about Junie. Then again, my grandma, who lives alone has found a new "love". What do you all think? Should we just enjoy the arrangement while it lasts?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section...I wasn't sure where to put it!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Junie, May 12 8:39 pm

Dog Health > OMD! Mom tried to kill me!!!

Junie

Hats not cats!

Barked: Sun Aug 22, '10 3:57pm PST 
Our dogs will eat absolutely no fruits or vegetables. We tried to give them various things like carrots, bananas, peppers, blueberries... and basically they pick it up to taste it, spit it out...then do it again and again. It's like they taste it, drop it, then think it's something else, so they try again. It's pretty funny.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Angel, Aug 23 11:10 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > When someone asks what kind of dog you have

Junie

Hats not cats!

Barked: Sun Jul 25, '10 3:05pm PST 
I usually say "I have two pitbulls" and then prepare to defend the breed, and sometimes I'm surprised that I don't have to. Sometimes I don't feel like chatting though and just say "I have two mutts from the shelter". It really depends on what kind of mood I'm in.
[notify]
» There has since been 63 posts. Last posting by Midget, Apr 16 12:09 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Leaving pit home alone with another dog?
Junie

Hats not cats!

Barked: Sun Jul 25, '10 2:58pm PST 
I definately agree with separating them. We have two pittie mixes and while they get along, Juno has some dog aggression. You never know what can happen when they're alone. It's just not worth taking the chance.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Carl, Sep 1 12:43 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.