Postings by Cody, Beulah, Buster & Wilbur

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Get Well Soon > 4th dog with cancer :(
Cody,- Beulah,- Buster &- Wilbur

We Rule!

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 4:23pm PST 
I can't believe I'm writing this. Last week I found out that my Cody Hershel has pancreatic cancer (insulinoma). He recently was diagnosed with glaucoma in one eye and received treatment from a canine Ophthamologist and 3 weeks ago lost his sight in the other eye. He's been getting around so perfectly so all seemed to be good. Last week he had his 6 month senior wellness exam and I found out this devastating news. What compounds this news is that 4 years ago, Beulah Belle (6years old at the time) had a mast cell tumor, which was treated successfully (surgically and with chemo and with radiation), 2 years ago Buster Elmer (9 years old at the time)was diagnosed with oral melanoma. He received every treatment and surgery available but he passed away last December 27th. In the meantime, Wilbur Bud (9 years old at the time) was diagnosed with adrenal cancer a little over a year ago and he is still holding on but the entire mass could not be removed. Now, Cody (10 years old) !!! I have asked the obvious question on whether there are problems with our home, water, yard,...the response is that this is highly unlikely since they are all different types. what are the odds of this happening with my four cocker spaniels. We did rescue another cocker earlier this year and he just turned 1 and he's doing great, as he should. My poor, poor Cody. The irony of this is that I've been saying to friends and family, regarding his eyesight, that "at least he doesn't have cancer" .
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Nov 16 3:29 am

Puppy Place > Brand New Puppy and Crate Training - HELP!

We Rule!

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '12 10:44am PST 
Thank you for the response. We got him from a rescue last weekend. I may have jumped the gun here and he has gotten better with the crate and has been sleeping in it at night. He is also progressing nicely with housebreaking. It's been 9 years since we did crate training and our other dogs, Wilbur and Beulah,were crate trained at the same time and were beyond perfect. Never an accident and they loved being in there. Now the issue is with teething and biting everything in sight. One day at a time.......ail

Thanks again!

G
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cody, Beulah, Buster & Wilbur, Feb 24 10:44 am

Puppy Place > Brand New Puppy and Crate Training - HELP!

We Rule!

Barked: Mon Feb 20, '12 3:36pm PST 
Hi,

We just rescued a cocker spaniel puppy on Saturday and he is 3 months old. We have 3 other cockers between 9 and 10 years old so It's been awhile since we did any crate training. We were so lucky with the others in that they liked the crate and did not pee or poop. This precious little guy has urinated and is barking his head off. Obviously, if he is out of the crate he's going in the house, i don't know if having the other dogs around and outside the the crate is causing this reaction but he is crying his little eyes out. Help!

Thanks,

Gail
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cody, Beulah, Buster & Wilbur, Feb 24 10:44 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > RIP Duncan, 1995-2012

We Rule!

Barked: Tue Jan 17, '12 7:34am PST 
What a beautiful tribute to your life together. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you take comfort in the amazing, full life you had and provided each other.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Eponine, Jan 27 12:07 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Dogs grieving dogs

We Rule!

Barked: Tue Jan 10, '12 6:48am PST 
Thank you all for sharing your stories of your dogs grieving their siblings.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Timmy, Jan 10 4:19 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Dogs grieving dogs

We Rule!

Barked: Sun Jan 8, '12 7:37am PST 
Does anyone have any experience or stories of how their pups grieved the loss of one of their siblings? We just lost our Buster Elmer and have 3 other dogs at home (Wilbur, Beulah and Cody). Of the 3, Wilbur is the one who is always watching out for all and I noticed him going outside and howling a bit more than usual. I also mentioned Buster's name and Wilbur immediately perked up and started looking around for him. It broke my heart. I know it's probably a bit different with 2 dogs than 4. Any suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Timmy, Jan 10 4:19 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Paris The Blind Wonderdog

We Rule!

Barked: Sun Jan 8, '12 7:02am PST 
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Paris, Jan 10 2:45 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > RIP Olive

We Rule!

Barked: Fri Jan 6, '12 7:22am PST 
So, so sorry to hear about Olive. My thoughts are with you and your family.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ellie, Jan 6 5:36 pm

Get Well Soon > Prayers needed

We Rule!

Barked: Thu Dec 8, '11 6:24pm PST 
Hi Everybody! I wanted to give you an update on Wilbur, Beulah, Buster and Cody. Wilbur and Buster are doing amazingly well and both received very good reports after our appointment last week up at Red Bank. We go back in 6 weeks for a more detailed check up for Wilbur. Beulah and Cody have had slight ear infections that are clearing up with meds but everything else is going very well. I'm thankful everyday that I see wagging tails and happy pups! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Wilbur Bud, Jan 19 6:00 pm

Get Well Soon > Prayers needed

We Rule!

Barked: Tue Nov 22, '11 4:19am PST 
Hi Everybody,

Wilbur, Beulah, Buster, Cody and I would like to wish all our friends a Happy Thanksgiving. We are especially thankful that Wilbur and his sister and brothers are doing so well. Wilbur's tail hasn't stopped wagging, he's eating and drinking like his old self and seems happier than ever. I'm hoping that when I take Wilbur (and Buster) up to Red Bank on December 2nd, that his outward appearance matches his internal appearance. Same goes for Buster's follow up and praying that he is still in remission, too! So, today the Thanksgiving preparation begins with a trip to the groomers to get ready for our company on Thursday. Also, in additon to preparing dinner on Thursday for the humans, I found a "doggie" recipe for turkey, stuffing and cranbury meatballs for doggies, as well as a pumpkin pie recipe especially for the pups!!! The pups love this holiday and will probably love it even more with these special treats.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Wilbur, Beulah, Buster, Cody and Gail
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Wilbur Bud, Jan 19 6:00 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.