Postings by Pheobie

GO!

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogster Crushes > Single Pup
Pheobie

Barked: Mon Jan 16, '12 9:11pm PST 
I'm single at the moment, so is my sister Tubba. Post an interesting fact about yourself and we can get to know each other.
hamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Diamond In The Rough, Jan 17 2:51 pm

Behavior & Training > Dogs not getting along
Pheobie

Barked: Mon Jan 16, '12 10:34am PST 
Pheobie and Tubba haven't been getting along. I don't know if its because they are both females, or just that Pheobie is old and Tubba is a puppy. Pheobie has been the baby of the family ever since we got her, almost 10 years ago. Since Tubba has been at my side pretty much 24/7 since she got here I can see why Pheobie wouldn't like her. Its more than that now though if Tubba even walks by Pheobie then she gets attacked, and not a little snap too Pheobie will go full out vicious. Tubba just submits but even then she gets attacked, I don't know what to do about this. Any suggestions?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pheobie, Jan 16 10:34 am

Senior Dogs > what age did you notice senior changes?

Pheobie

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '12 7:28pm PST 
Pheobie just began showing her age this summer, she has slowed down a lot and gained a few pounds. She is just turned 11 last month.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Zak (7/20/01 - 5/15/13), Apr 5 5:10 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Rescues!

Pheobie

Barked: Sun Aug 29, '10 7:01am PST 
Well yesterday I was walking around (in 105 degree weather yeah Im weird). lol, but if found about 5 strays under a car. The gound hurt there paws so they found shelter werever they could. Well I saw one had a color, so before I attempted to grab and I went to all the houses near there, everyone said they didn't know who the dogs belong too and one man said someone had come and dropped a bunch of dogs off, just left em' there. So I went back and grabbed the friendliest one, a little Chuihuahua mix, I decided to name him Lenny, he took care of them I could tell. He wanted to come but he kept looked back at the two older dogs, the ones with the most issues. I got him home and he is not aggresive towards any of my animals. Then I went back up and managed to snag the dog with the collar, not easy. lol I got him home. He is a white poodle mix, bigger then Pheobie but not a big dog. Like a minature. He had matts that hung 4 inches off his skin, he was almost grey and brown with dirt. Poor baby was definatly homeless for a while. He seemed to be an old timer, but we cut a lot of his matts off and now he seems very young, he leaps in the air and is so friendly. I gave them both baths and then went up to the park where I found them, and I could not catch them. My pound will be closed until tomorrow so Lenny and Champ(the poodle) will stay at my house until then. There is no doubt in my mind that Champ needs some vet care, but I know that not having as bad of matting must help him, a lot. Last night they both slept inside on my bed. Today they follow me at the heel and jump all over me all the time. Pheobie hates them both, they are uneutered males, I am thinking about trying to rehome Lenny myself, of and just in case I put up flyers for Lenny, in case he did have an owner but I don't think he did. The shelter im taking them to is a no kill shelter way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Fritz, Aug 29 9:25 am

Behavior & Training > Where do you go off leash

Pheobie

Barked: Sun Aug 15, '10 6:38pm PST 
There is this huge raspberry patch owned by our neighbors, she could run through there all day if I let her. We also like to go hiking and play around in the park down the street off leash.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pheobie, Aug 15 6:38 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > My friend wants a dog, What breed?
Pheobie

Barked: Sun Aug 15, '10 6:34pm PST 
Thanks guys, Ill let her know what you all said smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pheobie, Aug 15 6:34 pm

Small Dogs > Harnesses?

Pheobie

Barked: Sun Aug 15, '10 6:30pm PST 
Pheobie doesn't always wear a harness but if I know where going on a super long walk or a hike I give her a harness. She doesn't really like putting them on so I don't make her, and she doesn't pull so its not a big deal.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Allee Oop!!!, Aug 28 7:48 am

Pheobie

Barked: Thu Aug 12, '10 8:21pm PST 
Thanks for suggestions guys. The medium/small dogs are probably 15-25 pounds but they are tall. Cocobean and Jasmine on my profile.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Pheobie, Aug 15 6:34 pm

Pheobie

Barked: Wed Aug 11, '10 5:21pm PST 
My friend has been wanting a dog but not sure which kind to get. Anyway, she already has three dogs, all but one of them are rescues. She wants to add one more dog to her pack. Now, she has two medium/little dogs and a big dog. The breed you guys suggest can be big or little she doesn't really care. She am looking for there characteristics in a breed

-Generally Friendly
-Docile
-Not High Strung
-Will most likely want to play
-Not likely to bark
-Smart

I am thinking lab, but im not sure. Anyone have any good suggestions? Oh and it needs to be fairly active, she takes her dogs out for a mile walk down to a big field to run around every day.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Pheobie, Aug 15 6:34 pm

Dog Health > Now Im Worried!?!?!?!
Pheobie

Barked: Wed Jul 28, '10 6:57pm PST 
Now, I am really worried about my pup. Earlier today she had an accident on the couch, not a big deal, but unusual because she hasn't had one for about 3 years. we got her shaved today and the groomer found two lumps on her. Not big, one looks a lot like a bug bite. The other is on her back, and is definatly not a bug bite. What could these be. I have heard of some dogs getting "cancer bumps" on there back. I am really worried but I want to hear your opinions before I take her into the vet. (which is only open twice a week anyway).
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Jul 28 8:44 pm

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.