Postings by Holly Belle

GO!

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

Grooming > Anybody else not have to trim nails?
Holly Belle

I dream of- Doolin Kingsley

Barked: Sun Jan 15, '12 2:57am PST 
I never have to trim Holly Belle's nails - as a previous poster said, Terriers often grind their nails down naturally with all their energy during walks/runs. dancing
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Sirius Padfoot Black, Feb 22 11:11 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Time for a New Breed?
Holly Belle

Barked: Wed Apr 6, '11 1:09am PST 
Very sorry to hear of your loss of Charley. hug I suggest that after you narrow you list of possible next breeds, that you check out some breed-specific rescue groups online. You can read a dog's profile, see their picture, and from those who are actually in a foster situation, get to know a lot about the temperment of the dog. You can ask about size/weight since that might be an issue with your other dog. And, of course, you have all the knowledge and expertise in the world at your fingertips with everyone at Dogster!

It's exciting to be adding a new pup to the family, and it's a tribute, as well, to all the love and good times you had with Charley in your lives. Best of luck to all of you as you go about your search! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Apr 8 4:32 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Hey Everybody!

Holly Belle

Barked: Sun Mar 13, '11 3:06am PST 
Oh, I just want to KISS - THAT - FACE! What a cutie - WELCOME! wave
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lexi Hope, Mar 14 5:43 am

Behavior & Training > Sort of embarassing, but I\'m curious.

Holly Belle

Barked: Wed Mar 9, '11 2:06am PST 
I hear a good Country/Western song coming up soon. "OH! I do miss my dear HUMPY-LOVVVVVVVE..." laugh out loud laugh out loud laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by CGC,RTD,AKC Brake's LoneRanger, Mar 11 12:25 pm

Other Barks & Woofs > I'm drawing pics do you want one?

Holly Belle

Barked: Sun Feb 27, '11 1:44am PST 
Holly Belle and I love her picture! Thanks so much - that was really nice of you to share your talents with us! cloud 9 applause cloud 9 applause cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Sam, Mar 28 1:39 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Terriers and their popularity?
Holly Belle

Barked: Sat Feb 26, '11 2:05am PST 
I love to look at and read about all types of dogs, but after getting Holly Belle (and I have NO idea what mix of terrier she is - I keep changing her profile...) I cannot imagine living without a terrier. I also cannot imagine living with more than one dog at the moment. She keeps me busy. She also keeps me laughing, playing, walking and snuggling.

Holly is definitely a big dog in a small body. She is very soft to the touch, her hair is fluffy and feathery and does not shed. She doesn't matte, and dirt pretty much falls right out. She is has a very high prey drive, but likes most people and most other dogs. Off leash, she keeps me in sight, but won't respond to me if she's after a squirrel. Once, we were at the park for 2 1/2 hours, there were squirrels EVERYWHERE. I finally gave up and went home (around the corner) and she came back home, exhausted, a half hour later. I always bring treats with me now, can usually get her back on leash within the hour.

Holly learns very quickly, and knows many tricks. She is very responsive and in tune to me. I can hold up a treat and she will just start doing every trick she knows until I reward her. She brings toys to anyone who comes into the house, inviting them to play with her. I LOVE LOVE LOVE terriers. Henry's photos of adopted dogs made me all teary-eyed. Thank God they were all already adopted...
puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Bonnie Lass -in loving memory-, Mar 1 2:49 pm

Small Dogs > Gross question but here it goes...

Holly Belle

Barked: Wed Feb 23, '11 11:01pm PST 
Holly Belle is GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! as charged, as well... Now I roll up my undies and stash them far down in a mesh hamper where she can't get to them. Have lost too many to her already... red faceshhred face
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 12 11:26 pm

Dog Health > yogurt for kong filling?

Holly Belle

Barked: Wed Feb 23, '11 10:47pm PST 
Yes, as Bruno warned, first thing that came to mind with "Light" yogurt is artificial sweeteners - some of them can be poisonous to dogs. silenced
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Adam, Feb 24 8:49 am

Other Barks & Woofs > I'm drawing pics do you want one?

Holly Belle

Barked: Wed Feb 23, '11 10:26am PST 
I would LOVE a picture of Holly Belle! Thanks for offering happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Sam, Mar 28 1:39 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Can Someone Send Roxy Some Angel Wings Please
Holly Belle

Barked: Wed Feb 16, '11 11:25pm PST 
She is Dogster
Id: 439860
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Alice, Feb 17 1:34 pm

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.