GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > ACL/Luxating Patella Surgery - Poop Question
Ayato

Let me at em'! I- can take them- down!!

Barked: Wed Jun 26, '13 5:37pm PST 
Hi Everyone!

My shiba baby, Ayato (4 years old) just had ACL and Luxating Patella surgery on his right knee on Thursday and he finally just pooped for the first time since the surgery yesterday morning. As a norm, Ayato does not like to poop near his house and the vet said he can only go for a walk 5 mins to do his business. The problem is he wants to walk a ways ( a block 1/2 away aprox) to poop even on three legs and we are concerned he's going to hurt himself. He just wont poop in front of the house. He has now reverted to feeling himself and is very willful.

He is 55 pounds and aprox. 23 inches tall (with head). We can't pick him up to take him to a possible poop spot (which he probably won't use unless he picks it)...

How did you guys who have had this surgery handle this situation?

Thanks!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 27 5:45 am

Dogster Diaries > Ayato got a new blog!
Ayato

Barked: Thu Jul 30, '09 5:40am PST 
Hey all! Ayato has his own blog! I would like to share it with you smile It's written from his perspective and he wants all his shiba friends to join in the fun~~!

- Fuun - ふうン
http://fuunshiba.blogspot.com/

We hope you like it!!

(website is co-published by my husband and I)
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ayato, Jul 30 5:40 am

Shiba Inu > Ayato has his own blog!

Ayato

Barked: Thu Jul 30, '09 5:14am PST 
Hey all! Ayato has his own blog! I would like to share it with you smile It's written from his perspective and he wants all his shiba friends to join in the fun~~!

- Fuun - ふうン
http://fuunshiba.blogspot.com/

We hope you like it!!

(website is co-published by my husband and I)
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Henry, Aug 5 9:56 am

Shiba Inu > Bones and Chews?

Ayato

Barked: Thu Jul 30, '09 5:11am PST 
Deer Antlers and other parts? wow, you guys have a wide selection! Here in NY I have never even seen these items! wow! I need a new selection of chews cause we give Ayato marrow bones with yummy filling all the time and rawhide rings.

He's a HORRIBLE chewer and I just cant seem to find something that we will not be bored with! You should see my target cube book cases.. they are completely chewed up. I'm going to have to eventually replace them when he's older.. Almost everything I have in the house that's wood (no matter how many times he gets reprimanded) has some type of shiba destruction.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Aug 3 12:25 pm

Shiba Inu > New Japanese film featuring Two Month old Shiba

Ayato

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '09 7:51pm PST 
woo huu! Looks like there is a J drama based on the movie that started June 13th ? smile I want to watch it!

Is this about a mame shiba? (small version of shiba) well, it looks super cute!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ayato, Jul 29 7:51 pm

Shiba Inu > Is my dog part Shiba Inu?
Ayato

Barked: Wed Jul 29, '09 7:46pm PST 
He looks part shiba to me too! his markings remind me of Ayato a little bit and well, I took a look at his pics and the way he carries himself and he sits ( for example the shiba "frog legs" pose) reminds me of my shiba smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mochi, Jul 30 6:40 am

Shiba Inu > Weight at 3 months

Ayato

Barked: Tue Jul 21, '09 8:47pm PST 
Yea... I have a BIG shiba! lol

Many people stop me and ask, " is that a mini german shepard?" or " is that a husky/shepard mix?" It's getting a tad annoying! Ayato is a Shiba! hehe
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ayato, Jul 21 8:47 pm

Shiba Inu > Weight at 3 months

Ayato

Barked: Thu Jul 16, '09 7:11pm PST 
The pics of him are in the album around 2 months and on but well Ayato's 11 months old right now and guess how much our big boy weighs? 48 pounds!!! and he's not overweight at all, he's pure muscle lol Huge shiba!
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Ayato, Jul 21 8:47 pm

Shiba Inu > We just got a new 2 month year old kitten , tips for Ayato ?

Ayato

Barked: Fri Jun 26, '09 9:43am PST 
We just got a new 2 month year old kitten named Illidan (male) and I would like tips on socilaization/ introduction with our 10 month year old Ayato big grin

We got him thru our vet, who had several kittys up for adoption, and we brought Ayato with us to see which one would seem like a better match. We introduced him to Illidan and they both seemed after a while to loose interested, which is good because I was really afraid his prey drive was going to kick in. Ayato licked his (the cat's) ears and seemed genuinely curious !

We decided to take him home with us and when we arrived Ayato started acting all hyper and wanted to play with him (of course we cannot let him right now cause Illy is so tiny!) and sniffs all around.

This morning it was alot better! he still wants to see whats in the crate (where we have the cat) but he does not seem as hyper. Any tips on how to raise a shiba pup with a kitty? smile I've had cats before but never both at the same time. Thanks shiba owners!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Juno (2008-2009), Jun 29 10:20 am

Shiba Inu > Embarressing personal question... : I have my period and...
Ayato

Barked: Mon May 18, '09 2:58pm PST 
Ok, I am on birth control and I just changed my pill to a lower dosage pill. Since my period started (this weekend) Ayato, my male 9month shiba male (he's fixed), started going crazy... and dedicating his energy towards me.

He started humping my leg (he stopped doing this for the most part a while ago..), and every five seconds he wanted to nose dive into my crotch.. (and try to pull my on my pad) yes.. as you can see this is very embarrassing for me and I don't really want to bring this up to my vet... frown

In general he acted like a mad dog, biting everything, just EXTREMELY hyper... usually he's on the calm side, he has his moments but nothing like we experienced this weekend...

Before I had Ayato, I had a female cat (never fixed) and like clockwork, we used to get our periods at the same time.. it was very weird... are my hormones that strong? or do males do this? I have no idea...red face
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Suki, May 20 12:20 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.